SMS copy probs

getgo

Disciple
I am using 2 mobiles - Nokia N72 and Nokia 6280 I have approx 5000 sms in my two mobiles I want to copy this sms from my mobile, All this smss are stored in the phone memory I have tried by nokia connectivity software ie nokia pc suite and nokia phone browser to copy all text messages from my mobile to pc but couldn't do that . Can anybody tell me about a software so that I can copy sms from my mobile:(

This used to work for my Nokia 6670

Messaging > Options > Setting > Other > Memory in use

change it to your card(get a MMC card if you dont have one.

After this, take out the card from source phone and pput it in destination phone. Go to same location. Select "Memory card" there. It will ask if you want to copy you messages to new location(phone->card). Click yes.

Then again change this memory back to "phone" It will ask the same question. Say yes, and you'll be done :)

huff!

ThunderBolt said:
This used to work for my Nokia 6670

Messaging > Options > Setting > Other > Memory in use
change it to your card(get a MMC card if you dont have one.

After this, take out the card from source phone and pput it in destination phone. Go to same location. Select "Memory card" there. It will ask if you want to copy you messages to new location(phone->card). Click yes.
Then again change this memory back to "phone" It will ask the same question. Say yes, and you'll be done :)

huff!

I want send these sms from my mobiles to my pc bro :)

well...i had used Oxygen Phone Manager for my old is gold Nokia 3315...in there in the sms tab u have export functionality...infact in all tabs u hav export function which u can use to export all entries to an excel/html/csv/etc..etc file formats...try tht...

abt nokia pc suite...will let u know tomorrow...haven't used it yet as i dint need it...tho have switched to a new mobile...i just copied the smses/contacts from the old sim to phone mem...will get back if i can find something...

Tried Oxygen Phone Manager and Oxygen Express too Oxygen Phone Manager does not work for Nokia 6280 (not tried on N72) coz it does n't has a symbion os ! and why oxygen express is not suporting i donno guys plz help me out:(

the website for OPM 2 does say tht it supports both 6280 and n72...chk for versions which support ur phones..2 diff versions for symbian and non-symbian phones...

JeDiKnight said:
the website for OPM 2 does say tht it supports both 6280 and n72...chk for versions which support ur phones..2 diff versions for symbian and non-symbian phones...
Sorry bro now got it checking whether it works or not:)

getgo said:
Sorry bro now got it checking whether it works or not:)

no probs...also in nokia pc suite...when i connected my phone and browsed to the inbox folder...i could do a Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C and then Ctrl-V'ed in a folder in my hdd...thr is an option on right click menu to copy msgs...it was as simple as that...dunno why it doesnt come in urs... :(

Back