Snapdeal - Feedback Thread

I am also having a Octroi Refund issue with Snapdeal.com

I had paid Rs.512 octroi for a product, I was assured that on submission of receipts & documents I will get a refund in 7-10 Working days, I sent them a mail on 19th November with all relevant documents. I got a reply that,
You have agreed to receive your refund through a direct bank transfer through NEFT. For this we need your account details For Rs.512

Please note that it may take 7-10 business days after a NEFT transaction for money to appear in your account.
I followed-up the refund case to which they replied wait 48 hrs, wait 48 hrs.

Now today they send me a mail that

With reference to your complaint number xxx, we would like to inform that we’ve received and verified your NEFT details For partial refund of Rs. 512. We’re now INITIATING the REFUND process.

I mean can snapdeal verify my bank details to confirm they are mine or not? AFAIK its not possible for such verification officially.

So its just delay tactics by Snapdeal.

Will be waiting till 30th November for further action.

^^ most of such companies perform outbound transactions on particular days in a month or at periodic intervals. so, they just try to buy some time until next payout cycle, often quoting weird reasons.

My feedback for snapdeal is good.

Till now purchased Nokia Lumia, and a wireless router from them.

No issues till now..

Nokia Lumia took only 1 day to deliver while router took 2 days.
P.S. I live in FBD and Snapdeal HO is in delhi :)

I have ordered an Xbox360 wired controller from Snapdeal at Rs.1499. The price makes me think that it is one of the fake ones. Should I cancel the order or will Snapdeal give me refund if the controller is fake ?
The price has now been increased to 2600
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/microsoft-xbox-360-wired-controller/1169291879

It's a tricky situation. Most e retailers ask the buyer to provide valid proof that product is fake. I have faced issues with ebay regarding g this wherein they put the burden on me to prove that the product is fake. And they wanted some third party proof for that.

It's a tricky situation. Most e retailers ask the buyer to provide valid proof that product is fake. I have faced issues with ebay regarding g this wherein they put the burden on me to prove that the product is fake. And they wanted some third party proof for that.
I contacted SD on the matter & they replied that the item is genuine. Plus the price increase suggests that they might've forgotten to update the price.[DOUBLEPOST=1393348202][/DOUBLEPOST]They have now delayed the shipment by 3 days. Lets see what happens. I guess they'll cancel the order since the price is too low.

Last edited:
Update: They have crossed all deadlines, still the tracking shows :
mwd2f5.png

Their customer service sucks. They are now asking for more 3 days to ship the item.

I am also having a Octroi Refund issue with Snapdeal.com

I had paid Rs.512 octroi for a product, I was assured that on submission of receipts & documents I will get a refund in 7-10 Working days, I sent them a mail on 19th November with all relevant documents. I got a reply that,

I followed-up the refund case to which they replied wait 48 hrs, wait 48 hrs.

Now today they send me a mail that

I mean can snapdeal verify my bank details to confirm they are mine or not? AFAIK its not possible for such verification officially.

So its just delay tactics by Snapdeal.

Will be waiting till 30th November for further action.
the issue is interesting because i got an Asus laptop from them with the octroi duty paid in full.
and i did not even had to pay anything extra.
was thinking about going the ebay way , but they mentioned about paying around 5 % LBT for items shipped to Maharashtra.
so took the snapdeal way. :)

I got the Octroi refund back, but only after lots of followup & finally sending a mail to higher authorities.

Takes up a month for octroi to get refunded.

After 10 days, finally snapdeal cancelled my order. I do not know what to say. Thank you sd for wasting my time.

If a deal is too good to be true, then don't have too many expectations, they try their best to get the product from any other seller at this price point, if no on E wants to deliver at this price they cancel.

Nowhere will you get Xbox controller for 1400.

I understand, but it was their fault that they listed it at that price. Plus they kept on delaying the shipment by 3 days twice. Instead they should have cancelled the order if it was not viable.

I understand, but it was their fault that they listed it at that price. Plus they kept on delaying the shipment by 3 days twice. Instead they should have cancelled the order if it was not viable.

They delayed it because they were asking another seller to fulfill the order, when no seller responds they cancel it..

A series of bad experiences with me. I guess, after Amazon, i'll also have to stop using Snapdeal.

I again ordered the controller for 2k and I was sent a duplicate one (those which sell at 1.2-1.3k on ebay). Also ordered Cooler Master thermal compound for rs. 275 and the seller sent an ordinary one. Snapdeal has also lost its control over what its sellers ship.

I must say that the sellers are using these platforms to cheat people since ebay has better protection and maintains strict feedback policies which these other sites lack.

Ordered Cookware. Seller sends the wrong brand and small size. They accepted a return and refund is in process.
Snapdeal needs to deal with this very seriously.

Had a good experience with Snapdeal, ordered a internal HDD which was DOA. Contacted customer support and Delhivery picked up my dead HDD on the 3rd-4th day, refund was processed 2 days after pickup.

Ok, so they refunded in SD cash. Any way to get back the money in bank as I am not interested in buying anything from them in the future ??

Back