HiFiMan HM-602

HiFiMan RE-262

....after 2.6 months since i paid

Nationite S:FLO2

Brainwavz M1

....after 4 months since i paid

dsc01483bx.jpg

DAMN i am happy !

HM602 close-up pics on the net made me believe its very big ...its lengh and bredth wise its smaller than Ipod touch,

build quality is OK , well i did not expect it to be like ipod, its a chinese player after all.

dsc01484x.jpg

dsc01485tb.jpg

dsc01490f.jpg

dsc01492gy.jpg

dsc01491y.jpg

RE262...hmm ..first thing i did was check its sound, am not totally impressed mids are too prominent ... but the soundstage is good , width wise, very good indeed , it seems to be comming form out side ... not the AKG wide but still comparable ( and that says something !! )

Isolation is very good , microphonics ...bad ..bad!! i can hear every touch on the wire!!

dsc01486y.jpg

Now Sflo2: looks good, build is OK again. but i will rate the HM better as the HM is built of plastic and the colour used is better , Sflo's paint will come off from the looks of it! .

dsc01489r.jpg

Sorry for crappy pics, was impatiet to try them with my setup.

, will do review on them, then will post good pics

strategy said:
build quality is OK , well i did not expect it to be like ipod, its a chinese player after all.
Oops!! I thought Even ipods are made by chinese (read Foxconn)

it does not depend on the place of manufacture, it depends on th quality levels expected from the parent company...

BTW, Congrats for your gadgets.. Happy listening

^ hahaha good one .Congrats Strategy. Let me know if you are interested in a RE-252 + cash trade with 262 ..since you find the 262 mids too prominent :rofl:.

Do post impressions about the M1 as well. And is your HM-602 able to drive the RE-262 to its best ? Also a HM-602 vs Sflo sound comparison !! You boi need to write a lot of impression in the coming weeks .

Achaaaaaaal ... Big congrats :clap::clap::clap: !!

Most awaited stuff now arrives :bleh:!!!

Small town CG , became Veryyy Bigg noww :hap2: !!

Did all this arrived safely ?? as in customs dint got involved na ??

I was wondering since 3 days , why the hell u are not online , now i can understand where the hell u have been . Must would have been hell busy auditioning each one of them !!

Come online sooon , need a comparison between S;flo2 and HM-602 !

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

FaH33m said:
^ hahaha good one .Congrats Strategy. Let me know if you are interested in a RE-252 + cash trade with 262
I wonder how many RE 252's u had in stock :S :huh:

@ Faheem, Red Dragon, Sarang, Intact, Anubhav, GGT...thanks am very happy with my gear.( the sflo is giving some problems !!..will update its firmware )

@BF1983... yeah i will do impressions but am quite busy till 23rd. will cover all my gears, the AKG, these , and some thing new i got today check it OUT!!

@anubhav ...the secret in the other thread. and no customs till now in any imports :D !!

Awesome stuff strategy........add the miracle to this and your portable rig is complete.
Do let us know about the initial impression of the HM602 vs the Sflo2 with the TF10 thru HO and LO.

I can see your future now......a HD800!!! :D

@strategy,

Congrats! Was out of station for a couple of days and missed this thread.

So, finally we could have a HM602 Vs S:Flo2 Vs "non-audiophile" player shootout? Also looking forward to your IEM shootout : FX700 Vs 262. And.... change your out-dated signature :p

@Fah33M,

Did you take over the distributorship of RE-252? :)

esanthosh said:
@strategy,

Congrats! Was out of station for a couple of days and missed this thread.

So, finally we could have a HM602 Vs S:Flo2 Vs "non-audiophile" player shootout? Also looking forward to your IEM shootout : FX700 Vs 262. And.... change your out-dated signature :p

@Fah33M,

Did you take over the distributorship of RE-252? :)
Yup , even me waiting for his verdict on S:flo2 vs HM602 , he is saying wait for more 9 days :D

And yes definitely FX700 vs 262 , also someone loan him a UM3X too . so that he can do a in dept review of all three :)

@ faheem - i doubt seriously he had a distributorship of 252's ... lol

Still got more ???

anubhav we have already told you , if you go with eterna , VB, etc...you will be dissappointed because RE252 is a balanced IEM, you are bound to find some flaws in your new procuct if you compare it to RE252.

I heard you put the VB on sale !! ..lol , i was offline for 3 days and you bought and sold a IEM !! ...now what about the M6 you ordered !!

YOu are making some new and different kind of record! ...call limca books i say !

strategy said:
anubhav we have already told you , if you go with eterna , VB, etc...you will be dissappointed because RE252 is a balanced IEM, you are bound to find some flaws in your new procuct if you compare it to RE252.

I heard you put the VB on sale !! ..lol , i was offline for 3 days and you bought and sold a IEM !! ...now what about the M6 you ordered !!

YOu are making some new and different kind of record! ...call limca books i say !
LoL , no no , No such record . I just keep killing time , buying trying and selling .

P.S - I am too idle these days :bleh:

No , M6 coming now ,as that seller lost his M6's and i dint even contacted him again .

Now , will make only sensible buy's . enough of trying business .

U pls make a review of comparison b/w FX700 and 262 . Now even SM3 is out of my wish list , cause of its less bass capabilities and too high treble .

So , now FX700 vs 262 vx UM3X

And a CAN , Beyer DT770 / D2000 / or Beyer DT 250 / DT 150 / DT880 ( last as i will have to buy a desktop amp for it )

^ I think your "past gear" is going to be longer than most people's past + present gear :p

SM3 and too high treble? More people have started saying that SM3 has recessed treble.

FX700 is a good IEM. May be we should have a GO since Faheem might also be interested ;)

Lol , sir u are a legend for us on TE here .

I can never come up to ur level .

I will slow down my speed of buying and selling IEM's now :)

Achal said , SM3 will bite my eras with there treble , said this today in evening only when i was describing him , what kind of sound i am looking for .

Then he recommended UM3x , FX700 and 262's .

But i guess , i will now not buy any IEM .

Will move to can's . will discuss it with u soon . will drop a mail full of queries on your gmail .

Back