Budget 21-30k So I am an animator..And I need a laptop.

Shivonne

Recruit
Hey everyone,

I'm kinda bit of a newbie when it comes to technical specs, so I need a lot of help (and patience).

I work on pretty heavy software like Autodesk Maya and Photoshop, so I'm aware that I need a pretty 'high end' laptop, but I'm under a budget.
What laptop models do you think would suit best? Again, my budget is 25K.

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

-Shivonne

if you can save more. at 25k you are simply wasting money. cheapest option that can satisfy your need is HP G6 2005AX but that one cost 31-32k.

Hi Shivonne

I understand your requirement, being a VFX Artist myself. I would recommend you buying a good workstation rather than a laptop for work purpose. Laptops cannot take a replacement of Workstation when it comes to CG. But anyhow if you want to buy a laptop, you have to increase your budget somewhat more.

Thanks for that, sam811! :)

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Hi Shivonne

I understand your requirement, being a VFX Artist myself. I would recommend you buying a good workstation rather than a laptop for work purpose. Laptops cannot take a replacement of Workstation when it comes to CG. But anyhow if you want to buy a laptop, you have to increase your budget somewhat more.

Yes, I am aware of that. The truth is, I do have a pretty good workstation, the reason I am opting for a laptop is because I will be traveling quite a bit and I really don't want to be 'away' from my work at any point in time. (Can't help it.. Animation's my baby! :p)
Thanks for your suggestion anyway :) I really appreciate it.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Welcome to Techenclave mate. Now if you want to buy a laptop with our instruction then please fill this given template so we can help you to get a best laptop for your Anime.

What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)

What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)

What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)

Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)

Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)

As you suggested, Nav99n,

1. My budget is actually 25k, But if needed I can raise it up to 30k-32K.
2. Primary usage would be for working on graphic software like Maya and Photoshop and sometimes a bit of gaming (Like, Skyrim. )
3. I have no issues with the size, but I would prefer it to be lightweight.
4. Again, no issues with brand, I'm open to anything.
5. Since I work for long hours, I would prefer something that doesn't produce too much heat, has great graphics (inbuilt graphics card?), and is preferably 4GB and extendable. And now that you mention it, I'd prefer a matte screen.

Thanks for your help again!
:)

Back