So Pissed off with Vodafone customer care!

cpdmxeon

Disciple
Dec 10, 2010
NEVER EVER EVER BUY VODAFONE.... IF YOU HAVE IT CHANGE IT TODAY.....:mad::mad:

I mean Its a total F7U12 experience, here's what happed:

I want to activate Vodafone mobile connect on my phone.

I have been trying to contact the Vodafone customer service and talk to an executive at dialing 111 [Mumbai]. However, after the IVRS provides me all the options and I navigate to the required menu and press 9 to talk to an executive the IVRS redirects me to the main menu. By no means I can get through to the customer care executive, this despite having tried almost all the options in the IVRS menu.

This happens through all the options (whether I press 1 or 2 or 3 in the main menu). Wherever and Whenever I press 9 to talk to the customer care executive I get redirected to the main IVRS menu...

I sent the mail to the nodal officer and they sent an acknowledgement mail saying they'll contact me in 2 days... and guess what.... 2 days just got over....

Now I want something to threaten them with so I am looking for the mail ID's of some prominent people in vodafone...

PLEASE PLEASE PM me some email id's if you know... The CEO's mail Id would do just fine. :)

bigbyte

Skilled
May 14, 2007
You need to send to sms to vodafone number (I think 52586). First send WWW to 52586 then after some time send ACT VMC to 52586. After this your MC should be activated. If not try VMC and www in reverse order.

krishnandu

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Kolkata
www.krishnandusarkar.com
Here's the process for your convinience:

Send ZERO to 144(Prepaid) / 111(Postpaid)
Send S (space) <First 15 Digit of IMEI No.> 52586
Send WWW to 52586

And it's activated. (I hope the process is given in their website too)

Share your problem : Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

The vodafone site is down presently,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Otherwise I'd have given you the link to share your number.

That thing worked for me, a lady called and I described the problem and it was solved within few mins. In my case it was now and then different service was getting activated and my money was used to getting deducted of that, they solved the issue, return me the money too.

BTW did you tried calling 198 (Complaint Number)??

Also if possible try visiting some local nearest Vodafone Store, your issue may get resolved by them.

krishnandu

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Kolkata
www.krishnandusarkar.com
Just checked with 111, it's working fine for me. So there must be any issue particularly with you. BTW did you misbehaved with any customer care within few days?? In that case they may have blocked the customer care feature for you, I'm not sure, but there is some limits on calling customer care per day, like 3-4 calls, if you call 3 times in a day, it'll be locked automatically for that day.

gaganjain

Adept
Sep 16, 2006
www.gaganjain.in
They have bocked your call to customer care executive.

They bocked it if you call more then 3 time in day to there customer care executive [There are lot people who do time pass.]

You need to go Vodafone gallery/mini store and unlock it...

I don't work for Vodafone :)

bigbyte

Skilled
May 14, 2007
Are the still blocking the calls to CC executives? I thought after they start charging for speaking to CC executives they have stopped this blocking business.

blueren

Adept
Jun 1, 2009
Don't bother calling them. Find them on twitter or FB. Those guys who tweet and use fb have more knowledge about the issues. I use Vodafone Live to access internet both on the phone and PC.. gives me 200 odd kbps almost always..

paraman

Adept
Oct 11, 2005
You have been blocked because you must have called more than 3 times in one day. Call them from some other number and ask them to restore 111 services to your phone.

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
Even I found Vodfafone service degraded just after MNP, I'm with them from last 9 yrs, never had any problem, but just last week of feb the deduct certain amount for Service without notifying me, which prior to this they use to send me sms asking for rental deduction & next day (after 24 hrs) the deduct the amount. :(

krishnandu

Skilled
Dec 25, 2009
Kolkata
www.krishnandusarkar.com
Emperor said:
Even I found Vodfafone service degraded just after MNP, I'm with them from last 9 yrs, never had any problem, but just last week of feb the deduct certain amount for Service without notifying me, which prior to this they use to send me sms asking for rental deduction & next day (after 24 hrs) the deduct the amount. :(
Yup, Vodafone service degraded after implementing this MNP thing where they should strong their service, they are degrading it... :lol:

Same happened to me, they keep deducting money for random services now and then.

cpdmxeon

Disciple
Dec 10, 2010
blueren, Android apps don't work with Vodafone live. So that's why I wanted Mobile connect.

OH man I tried so many thing. I sent Sms's and called from someone else's number as well. But they didn't move their butts. Then I posted something on the consumer complaints forum and I got a call that very evening. Now the problems solved, But, you know there's this ancient saying:

"those who are burnt by milk, drink their buttermilk only after they have blown into it twice"

(I have no clue why, but I want to sound all wise and kungfooey here.)

I should have tried Facebook and Twitter, it didn't come to mind back then. Maybe next time :)

Thanks for the support guys.

setuniket

Disciple
Jun 3, 2008
You should be calling 198 for activation/deactivation of services. 111 is for seeking information. and yes as others said FB and Twitter is the effective way to contact VF. I wonder why..?

djnik5490

Recruit
Feb 25, 2009
In the last 5 years Ive never faced any problems with VF, I usually send them a mail and its sorted out pretty soon.

Poga

Disciple
Sep 13, 2007
New Bombay
True, VF services have gone down in quality. Now the smart execs at helpline have been replaced by cows. BTW 9820098200 if your cant connect from cell

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
Twitter is the best way to reply cause the guys who handle the twitter account arent noobs like the call centre ones. I can assure you that.