Android So was shooting some pics today...

r19

Disciple
With a 5 y/o phone and in many pics the fireworks appeared like there was a bomb blast. Basically the whole area looked like a burning sphere. I played with the settings and it did improve things but I wonder if a modern smartphone camera(something like galaxy a52 with ois) wold have taken a proper picture and if I should have bough one... I don't think cameras will get much better in the near future, would they?

its due to slower shutter speeds and high ISO being set by the phone to compensate for the low amount of light hitting the sensor. OIS dont have a role in moving subjects like light streaks in a firework. While using a DSLR fireworks can be correctly frozen in an image by using a faster shutter speed/Lowest ISO-The low time of exposure being compensated with a wide aperture lens.

its due to slower shutter speeds and high ISO being set by the phone to compensate for the low amount of light hitting the sensor. OIS dont have a role in moving subjects like light streaks in a firework. While using a DSLR fireworks can be correctly frozen in an image by using a faster shutter speed/Lowest ISO-The low time of exposure being compensated with a wide aperture lens.
I tried to change the ISO and it did help. Some of the shots came out better. I had forgotten this things which I had researched when I was seriously thinking of buying a camera before.

So basically even with the modern cams and processors it's the same thing? How's everyone's experience of shooting fireworks? BTW, I checked out a 4k vid shot from a Galaxy A52 on YT and at least at 1080p on youtube the detail seems similar to my Moto g4.

Back