Socket A motherboards for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Feb 7, 2005
Basically, there's too much stuff piling up at home - and I want to get rid of this junk.

1. MSI KT3 Ultra board (http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=11)

KT333 Chipset based board. Well maintained and in good condition. Working fine, except the sound doesnt come out the rear panel for one channel. I got around this problem by simply connecting the front panel connectors of my case to the header on the motherboard and all channels were working fine again.

Rest all is absolutely fine. No onboard graphics, you would need a separate graphics card. I adore the D-LED connector, it helps immensely in troubleshooting by instantly identifying what component is acting up! I had it all this while only to use the D-LED to test if components were working or not :p

Expected Price: Say around ~ 500 bucks? Negotiable of course :)

2. Re-badged Biostar M7VIG (sold under the Krypton brand name)

This board is *dead*. Got it repaired recently, worked for about 2-3 weeks, now its dead again. Anyone looking to pull it apart or play around with it is free to take this. If you get it up and running all the better for you :)

Expected Price : If you wanna pay for this you're seriously nuts. Courier charges should do hehe :p

NinByChoice

Skilled
Apr 3, 2005
hey do u have any processor to go with the motherboard? a decent athlon xp 1700+ will do.
oh and where do u live, chennai, right? maybe i can pick up the biostar from u soon.
bye,
raghu.

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Feb 7, 2005
No, I dont have any processor to go with it. Bought a new board, so using the proc on that.
Yes, I live in Chennai. BTW , I hope you read clearly - the Biostar board isnt working. You still want it? ;)

deejay

Skilled
Feb 9, 2005
Crazy_Eddy said:
2. Re-badged Biostar M7VIG (sold under the Krypton brand name)
This board is *dead*. Got it repaired recently, worked for about 2-3 weeks, now its dead again. Anyone looking to pull it apart or play around with it is free to take this. If you get it up and running all the better for you :)

Expected Price : If you wanna pay for this you're seriously nuts. Courier charges should do hehe :p

Free stuff !!!! (antennae perked up)
I am seriously nuts and am willing to pay the courier charges. am i eligible ?? if yes then kindly pm me so that i can send you the courier charges.

Amol

Adept
Apr 14, 2005
Boston MA
to add to this, i have an extra Asus A7V266-M motherboard lying around, completely useless, and in working condition, if someone wants to cannibalize it for some purpose, the only problem with it is the non working CMOS date, which gets reverted back to it's original factory date :p

Like i said it's free and you have only to pay the courier charges if you want it. You may get it repaired if you want to and use it.

deejay

Skilled
Feb 9, 2005
Wow!!!! double treat.
amol0010 bro, do pm me so i can send you the courier charges.

Crazy_Eddy

Staff member
Super Mod
Feb 7, 2005
^^ Amol, I know it may seem dumb if you already tried it, but never hurts to ask - did you change the CMOS battery?

@deejay: LOL ! Hey, if you do manage to fix it (which is what happens in 100% of the non-working stuff you buy) - i'll be kicking myself for going out and buying a new board :p. Well, nonetheless will find out the courier charges and PM you - thats unless Raghu is more interested in it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Amol

Adept
Apr 14, 2005
Boston MA
yeah, dude it doesnt work, something's wrong with the capacitors on the board near the crystal. i got it verified from a tech dude. He quoted me 250 bux for the repair job, but it had already become superfluous to me , since i was planning to upgrade to A64 platform at the time. So i left it as it was.

deejay

Skilled
Feb 9, 2005
amol0010 said:
yeah, dude it doesnt work, something's wrong with the capacitors on the board near the crystal. i got it verified from a tech dude. He quoted me 250 bux for the repair job, but it had already become superfluous to me , since i was planning to upgrade to A64 platform at the time. So i left it as it was.

so amol0010, am i getting it or not ?? kindly reply....

Nikhil

Skilled
Mar 29, 2005
www.techenclave.com
Nice.... free stuff on TE.... anyone has OCZ or Corsair TCCD RAM to donate?? or a DFI??

@Crazy --- Since you seem to be in such a generous mood, do you mind donating your DFI?? :bleh:

Last edited by a moderator:

deejay

Skilled
Feb 9, 2005
@amol0010,
Courier payment despatched by courier.expect it to reach you tomorrow or by monday.

deejay

Skilled
Feb 9, 2005
Well this is to bring to the notice of staff and other members.
I just received this message from amol0010.

amol0010 said:
Hi deejay,
sunny just contacted me , he told me he needs the board, and he is willing to build me a fan controller for my cabinet fans for that board in exchange (which i needed badly) so i guess i will have to send the board to him if you dont mind. If you have already sent the money, i will send the DD/cheque back to you. Sorry about this.

Amol

amol0010 , buddy, i dont know what transpired between you and sunny but backing out of a deal or commitment is not done.
anyways it is ur perogative. but i sure would not sell my soul so cheaply ....... keeping my word is more important to me. amol consider this topic closed.i will try to cancel the delivery of the money that i had couried to you on fri / sat.

as for sunny this is not the first time he has done similar activity.:no:

just want the members to know this ....... and caution them.

Amol

Adept
Apr 14, 2005
Boston MA
Caution about what ? me or sunny ? I dont care about the commitments, etc, as long as i am not cheating a person. I said i will send the money back to you,so how am i cheating you ? I am not completely selfless you know (no one is), i am just getting a good deal here, so i am not letting it off.

Sandy

Skilled
Apr 11, 2005
www.xtremesystems.org
amol0010 said:
Caution about what ? me or sunny ? I dont care about the commitments, etc, as long as i am not cheating a person. I said i will send the money back to you,so how am i cheating you ? I am not completely selfless you know (no one is), i am just getting a good deal here, so i am not letting it off.

Time is very valuable.

TheMask

Skilled
Jan 3, 2005
amol0010 said:
I am not completely selfless you know (no one is)
speak for urself.. dont genaralise the statement. anyways, we dont have a rule as such about commitment of sale. But once ur credibility is lost one may not be comfy dealing with you again.

And about sunny, this is atleast the 3rd time he's done something to spoil a deal.. once with me and twice with ppl i know..

deejay

Skilled
Feb 9, 2005
TheMask said:
And about sunny, this is atleast the 3rd time he's done something to spoil a deal.. once with me and twice with ppl i know..

@Masky, do you still have that dfi for m/b for sale.??
i would be honoured and obligued to you if you can give it to me for the current mkt price of approx Rs.7500 - (5000 -2500 = 2500) - 2500 = Rs.5000.
This great monetary loss you can recoup from previous "defaults" , which caused you great trauma and hardship by known elements and events. please confirm so that i can make further purchases to complete the full system asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.