Soft Skills

accenture training is outsourced to the point of being funny. one of my friends were sent to a training institute , where they were "assisted" with answering the evaluation tests since accenture wasnt too happy with the last batch's test scores :rofl:

Not only are people being taught to think alike, they're also being taught to speak alike... old news, but I still find it funny. Yes, funny!

The Workforce Profile defined about 60 "soft skills", which employers seek. They are applicable to any field of work, according to the study, and are the "personal traits and skills that employers state are the most important when selecting employees for jobs of any type."

16. Driver's license.

21. Being drug free.

wonder how these can be called traits/skills:lol:

1. Math.

18. Advanced math.

36. Knowledge of fractions.

5. Grammar.

41. Basic spelling and grammar.

Redundant, dont you think?

22. Good attendance.

37. Reporting to work on time.

Note to the author- Punctuality: look it up in The Dictionary

45. Ability to fill out a job application.

Wonder why the employer would want an employee to be able to do that AFTER he's been hired :p

Seems like most of the 60 were made just to fill the list :p

hu wrote dat??? im sure its that iit chaap mba pass nautanki loser wrote dis after gulping down 6-7 pegs of desi tharra ...

"i didnt get da job..boo hoo....lets make a list of wat all i dont have ..."

Some are off (way off ) but companies hiring for soft skillz is nothing new...

Wipro hired BT people because some of them could speak well...they failed miserably in CS questions...

uh...what exactly are soft skills?
im supposed to fill dat up in my resume for placements startin in a coupla days...
thank god i stumbled upon this thread...
sumone plz elaborate...
thks..

Here you go

Soft skills is a sociological term which refers to the cluster of personality traits, social graces, ability with language, personal habits, friendliness, and optimism that mark people to varying degrees. Soft skills complement hard skills, which are the technical requirements of a job.

Some examples of soft skills:

Personal Qualities such as :

* being responsible,

* [possessing self-esteem]],

* [being sociable]],

* [ability to self-manage]],

* possessing integrity and honesty]].

Interpersonal Skills

* Participates as a member of the Team

* Teaches others

* Serves Client / Customers

* Exercises Leadership