Software to copy data into a removable disk

Avtar

Adept
All right you useless people, time again to give me some more answers.

I've got a portable 512MB Sony mp3 player and I've been trying to copy some songs onto it. Copying data directly into using the CTRL+C and the CTRL+V function does not really help out that much, because the data gets corrupted usually.

I tried using the Send To feature, but that's not working out too well either, because the data gets corrupted there as well, the songs stop midway and stuff like that.

Just wanted to know if there's an application which will allow me to copy data to it which checks the file while copying and all that so that I don't have to smash my head on the screen after copying every song.

Supernova you ass, answer this one now. :D

I don't quite know what you mean. If the data gets corrupted as you say then something's wrong with the flash memory of the player. In effect: get it replaced. Other than that, from what I know, you have to use Sony's proprietary software for transferring songs onto the player. The music gets saved in an encrypted format so as to prevent piracy.

Besides, are you using variable bitrate mp3s? A lot of mp3 players have issues with VBR files; songs either don't play at all, or stop mid-way, just like you mentioned. There's no fix for this.

So you think VBR is causing the problem? VBR files play fine in the player though, but I'll convert them anyway. :)

Sony didn't give me any software for this unfortunately.

also,try picky basket.Its the best file copy tool out there!

With Piky Basket, you can reduce repetitive tasks when copying/moving files and folders in Windows. Piky Basket allows you to select files/folders in to a "basket" from different locations. Once you are done selecting, you can paste them all at once to the target folders. It also allows you to selectively paste the files to the target folder.

Piky Basket is integrated with Windows Explorer. You do not have to run Piky Basket as a separate program. It can be accessed from the menu which appears by right clicking on any files/folders in Windows Explorer.

Piky Basket is a replacement for Windows file copy/paste operation

Piky Basket can save lot of time when organizing files on your hard drive

Piky Basket can be very useful when copying same set of files to different locations

Piky Basket can be used when taking backup of files and folders from different locations

Piky Basket can be used when burning a CD which requires copying of files and folders from different location

Piky Basket - Simplify the way you copy/paste files in Windows, Copy File Paths to Clipboard, Command Prompt Here, Freeware

Download: http://www.conceptworld.com/piky/pkysetup.exe

PS:Did u check if there is a loose conn bitween the MP3 player and the comp?like a loose cable/USB plug etc.Some times it causes the corruption.

Back