Sola Vs Arc S (Processor Vs Screen) Which would be better?

rtkomar

Adept
My friend is buying a phone within 4 days.. He has got 1k Ebay coupon, so :yes:
I have gone through all the phones in his price range (15k to 17k max) like HTC One V, Xperia U, Sola, Galaxy Ace Plus, Defy Xt, Defy plus and more.. Now I have suggested him to buy Xperia Sola.. But today we stumbled upon Arc S with Dealer warranty for 17k in Ebay..
He doesn't mind Buying with dealer warranty and Arc S suits his requirements better than Sola. So which one is a better buy for his needs?

1. Q: Budget?
A: 17.5k Max (Not a paisa more :bleh: )

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: TFT, LCD, AMOLED (Large is better)

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Android is a must. So Sony, HTC or Samsung

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required. At least 5MP camera. A good one.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android ONLY

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: WiFi is a must

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Watching Videos, Music, Camera, Mails and Internet. NO GAMING.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Should have good build quality.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Most probably Arc S else Xperia Sola

Head to Head

Sola Over Arc S
1. Better Processor and GPU (Might not matter that much for occasional browsing)
2. More Internal Memory

Arc S Over Sola
1. Larger and Better screen (Well ppi might be less but Added size is huge for Browsing and Watching Videos)
2. Better Camera
3. Better Looks

Arc S is last year's Model and Sola is new generation. Should that affect the decision making? Since he doesn't play games and doesn't use heavy apps that much, isn't Arc S a better choice for him? And
Please pour in your suggestions as soon as possible.. Only 4 days left.. :lol:

Thanks in Advance,
Rajeev

^^ Well Galaxy S and Arc S are 2 different phone with different developers to code ICS. The ICS in old Sony has huge performance hit hope they fix it with future dot updates.

But for now it is not worth the update.

whres the deal? Its past 12 noon, still no deal

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

ok, thanks Dark star got the Xperia U at 13500....
the best deal of my life :)

cheers!

Hi all.. Thanks for all the replies.. :)

So now my friend had a look at Sola in Univercell today and has left Sola out of the final list as he has decided that he wants a bigger screen.. I checked in Ebay today and saw this awesome looking deal.. I also had a look at Galaxy S plus and Infuse 4G.. But Photon 4G looked head and shoulder above them.. So I somehow convinced him to shell out 1k more.. :lol: Friend doesn't want to buy a second hand set.. So we left the other deals for Photon 4G out.. Also the seller is a power seller and has 100 percent positive feedback.. Not even a single negative feedback.. Also he has moved 30 Photon 4G phones.. So seems good..
Then I checked Reviews for Photon 4G.. All are positive.. We checked the Photon 4G thread of TE too.. So mostly he will be talking to the dealer tomorrow and buying Photon 4G tomorrow or day after (Coupon expires on 19th ;) ).. If you people have suggestions, please leave a reply..

:( That will still be out of his budget.. He had a budget of 15k.. I have pushed it up to 18.5k.. If I tell him 21k now, he might kill me.. :bangin: :nf02:

Don't beat yourself up over it buddy. Lay the options before him/her & give your own take on it then ask him/her to take whatever s/he feels right about.

Though I would like to remind you that Arc S is a pretty good device but if you buy it with warranty it'll cost around 23k. But with some ebay discount coupons it could come down, make a request in the eBay thread at TE if you are in luck some may give you one.

Cheers ! :)

Don't beat yourself up over it buddy. Lay the options before him/her & give your own take on it then ask him/her to take whatever s/he feels right about.

Ha ha.. Hmm.. I have clearly mentioned "him, he" many times.. ;) Ya, I told him about that.. He is okay with dealer warranty and not ready to spend more.. Else I would have suggested him to buy Galaxy Nexus.. :(

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Hi all..
Thank you all for your valuable inputs.. :signthankspin:
My friend bought Photon 4G from this dealer today for 18.5k.. He talked to the dealer.. Dealer was really helpful.. He doesn't have any negative feedback.. So we are hoping that he will help us if at all something goes wrong. He has moved around 300 Photon 4Gs till now it seems and only one or two had restart problems and he has solved those problems (May be by replacing)..
Once my friend receives the phone, I will tell him to post his experiences in Photon 4G thread..
Thanks once again.. :)

Back