Solar Panels / Cells?

rishia

Adept
Planning to use some solar energy to power a few garden lights, need some small solar panels / cells that I could use to make one, does anyone know if small panels or cells are available anywhere in Bangalore / Delhi or online ?

Especially, cheap stuff like this Solar Cells-The Electronic Goldmine

You get ready made solar garden lights, do not know about Delhi or Bangalore but in mumbai u can go to Lohar Chawl near Mohamed Ali Road............

You get them on ebay too.. but I was looking more in term of a DIY project. Just finished lighting up a crockery unit with lots of LEDs.. was wondering if I could use solar energy to keep it on for a while..

Can get something like this ,like solar a package(a foldable one ) which can be used to charge cellphones, camera batteries ...etc..

In Kerala solar panels are available @ subsidized rates from the Governmental agency called Anert which promotes non conventional energy sources.

Stick said:
Well Kerala and Gujarat gets with subsidies what about Mumbai?

Humne kya Pap Kiya Tha?
Apne paap yeh kiya ki aapne google devta se nahin poocha ki aisa kyon hai.. have a look at this Maharashtra Energy Development Agency this is a nationwide thing.. Govt subsidy for renewal energy stuff..

rest of the Guys.. thanks for the links.. though I'm not looking at this kind of big apparatus.. want it for a DIY hobby project.. so a small 4 inch by 2 inch panel/cell would be sufficient for me.. just need to power a couple of LEDs .. which work at about 3 V.. and draw about 20 mA current..

Got few manufacturer's address hope it helps u:-

Below are banglore based manufacturer's didn't get any around delhi......

M/s Rajesheshwari Electronics
No. 529,42nd Main Road,
Rajesheshwari Nagar,
Bangalore-560098
080-65670085
Fax- 080-28601529

M/S. RASHMI INDUSTRIES.
No. 60 & 61 Hongasandra Village
Begur Road, Bangalore-560 068
Ph-080-25734114/ 5/
E-hpngroup@vsnl.net

M/s Kotak Urja Pvt.Ltd.
378,10th Cross,4th phase,
Peenya Industrial Area,
Bangalore - 550058
9180-28363330
E-kotakurja@vsnl.com

Shell Solar India Pvt. Ltd
20/1, “Betta Chambers, IV Cross,
V Main, Chamarajpet,
Bangalore -18

And pls post pics if u ever complete u r project...............

eBay India: IMPORTED SOLAR MOBILE PHONE / AAA BATTERY CHARGER (item 160154642850 end time 02-Feb-2008 22:38:54 IST)

You'll need to disassemble the unit.

Or use rechargeable batteries, and use the charger to charge them. Extra expense of batteries.

I strongly suspect the charger is a constant current charger, about 60mA, so it may be too much for LEDs. So disassembly is required. If it was a NimH charger, you could've tapped the battery contacts directly as those are voltage chargers.

DealExtreme: $26.11 Solar Charger with Built-in Li-Ion Battery and Cell Phone Adapters

Similar.

DealExtreme: $22.95 Solar Self-Recharge 60-LED Tree Light (White LEDs)

The automatic-on version of the same thing, but purpose-built for LEDs.

Just wanted to know where can I get this in Bangalore.

Need 3 volt Solar cell with side walk panel which can be used to make a cell phone charger.

Comes for around 150 Rs.

Any idea where can I get in Bangalore ?? Please help out

Back