Storage Solutions Solution for my 500gb seagate hdd which is not working?

viva1986

Disciple
i have an internal 500gb seagate hdd. somedays back it stopped working and it is not detecting in the bios, but now i try again and it is detecting now but after booting with another hdd it is visible in device manager but its partition are not visible. So i try a software to check its status then it detects it but it shows no temperature of this hdd and no partition of it so i disconnected it again. Now please tell me can i recover data from it on my own.

get some disk recovery software and backup the data asap. There are tons of these available in the web. Because it seems your hdd is dying. RMA it asap....

anfjavid said:
get some disk recovery software and backup the data asap. There are tons of these available in the web. Because it seems your hdd is dying. RMA it asap....
will external casing help in this case?

recommend any disk recovery software?

Try Acronis Disk Recovery Suite & HDD Regenerator.....

If they can't fix it, no one can.... So, get it RMAed or replace it with a new one.

:)

i installed the acronis software but it is unable to detect my faulty hdd whereas at the same time it is detected in device manager. and if i use hdd regenenerator then it is detected there but when i try to repair it then a message pops up that it is turned off, restart again or change the sata mode in ide mode rather than ahci mode.:huh:

If u have a spare External Casing, u should try that first.

But if your BIOS detects the HDD, there is no reason for HDD Regenerator to not detect ur drive.

As your Drive is detected by your BIOS, try making it the 2nd boot device. Then boot from the HDD Regenerator CD & see if u can fix ur drive.

Alternatively, u can try removing the other HDD (the one that is working well) & then booting from the HDD Regenerator CD with only the faulty drive connected to ur Mobo.

Back