Solution Needed(URGENT).

I m facing Disk Space Low issue in my c: drive.

Every time i free up some space in c drive and do my normal work i.e. Checking the mail ,listening music, watching movie (Not copy/paste).

I get the error you r running low on c: drive.

How would i make sure which process is creating /Increasing space in my c drive?

Please help.

pinga123 said:
I m facing Disk Space Low issue in my c: drive.

Every time i free up some space in c drive and do my normal work i.e. Checking the mail ,listening music, watching movie (Not copy/paste).

- How much space did you free up ?

I get the error you r running low on c: drive.

How would i make sure which process is creating /Increasing space in my c drive?

- Did you check what size is the temp internet files folder?
Please help.

^above10chars

Decrease the space reserved for recycle bin from 10 % to 1 %.
If you have 40 gb C drive then approx 4 gb should be reserved for deleted files. When you change it 1% you will get 3.6 GB added to your drive where as recycle bin gets only 400 MB for deleted files.

1. Turn off system restore and Hibernate windows if you do not use them.

2. Alternately use the disk cleanup utility of the drive and select the option to deleted system n backup files.

3. IF you are on NTFS partition then enable disk compression to gain considerable disk space.

As others have already said, post the total size and the free space size in c:\
if u are worried with the low disk space notification, just disable that with a registry tweak or by using some 3rd party application.

Hi,

Also try moving the page file (virtual memory) to any other partition. Or for time being completely disable it. (If you have enough RAM). Anyways use it as last resort.

Thanks and regards
KIKWorks

Back