PC Peripherals Solutions for my Dental Clinic

Hi everyone. I am just in the process of purchasing equipment for my new Pediatric dental clinic and I am very excited to do so.

I'd like some advice about a few things. Please read on and put in your valuable inputs.

My clinic is for children, and children love watching cartoons and other fun stuff. I intend to have a dental chair mounted monitor for them. Now there are plenty available in the market, but I have one more criteria. I am also going to incorporate my Digital X Ray machine into this screen, hence will need a good accurate IPS screen that is VESA mountable onto the chair. Wait, my worries are still not over. Since I am mounting this on my chair, I thought, let's add some more functionality to it. So I intend to make this a touchscreen too, so I can operate the XRay machine with my fingertips rather than have a mouse and keyboard stashed somewhere. It looks professional too, and the added benefit is that the kids will enjoy playing touchscreen games if they want to.

Phew, so that's my dilemma about the touchscreen. Are there ANY screens available in India?? 19-23 inchers??? I have seen Acer T321H and the Dell ST2220T, but the Dell automatically is out since it doesn't have VESA mounts for mounting it on the chair. There is also an HP L2105TM, which is appreciated around the world, but NONE OF THESE ARE AVAILABLE IN INDIA. Which means I shall have to import them. Any pointers???

Now let's move on to the other dillemma, I need a computer to run this screen and the X Ray machine. I need as less clutter as possible, and possibly need a small HTPC type Zotac AD11 Zbox Nano or similar PC.

NOW, do you recommend I go for this dual package or should I just go in for an All in One Touchscreen PC??? The only problem with those is that most run ATOM and I don't want my PC to slow down as I will be doing decently heavy tasks on it, like the X Ray machine software, HD movie watching etc.

Whatsay guys.I am confused!

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?orderby=product_cdate&DescOrderBy=DESC&Itemid=100266&option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=118&manufacturer_id=0&keyword=&keyword1=&keyword2=&limit=20&limitstart=0&lang=en

A bolt on unit like one of these would be compact enough. The target is to keep as less clutter as possible, and to keep the screen closest to the PC since I will have children running around and I don't want cables to be pulled or more catastrophic situations to arise!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824016156

Have a look, the order was declined once, and may be declined again. But if it goes through this time, then ($229) 12 k for this monitor is totally worth it. I got an instant $40 over and above their $30 discount. Shipping and duties will be about 7k according to my calculations. And that means 19k. For this monitor, 19k is too good. I can then get a basic i3 machine in a small cabinet.

Also, AFAIK, the monitor must have an aspect of 4:3 ideally, though not sure.

Also, get an ipad/funbook for the kids. Dont use this touchscreen for the same.

Ok, now i have a chance to wait and listen to your opinions people. NOTHING Has been purchased, and this offer is only working on USA cards.

So back to square one!

And 4:3 touchscreen monitor is not working out mate.

Just did some googling around, could not find any mention of the 4:3 requirement. However, dunno who told me the same, baffled!

Anywyas, moving on, seems that high colour display and higher resolution is needed. Would advice to go for a iMac 27" which, AFAIK, was on sale for about 60K odd or less, with the older Core i3 processor.

#[member='frankmehta']

I presume you are using digital x-ray with dicom images you need to edit.

why not try mac mini, it also has a beautiful dicom editor as freeware and will be powerful for your need. Magic mouse / KB will be clutter free and you just need to attach a nice touchscreen monitor to it to get additional functionality.

Guys, I just bought the Acer T231H. Yayyyyy!! Thanks for the suggestions.

I am not looking at Mac purely because I am not a fan of it's closed eco system and honestly, I don't want my work machine to run it since I am not well versed with it.

Besides my X Ray sensor program ONLY works on Windows. Not just the sensor program. Even my patient management software as well as my other accounting stuff only works on windows. I don't want to get a Mac and sideload windows on it.

Beats the purpose.

Yes mac is a closed system but I did not knew that you needed windows because of the softwares you are already using
<

anyways congratulations on purchase, do post the final pictures of the setup once its ready
<

Thanks bhavin. Sure thing will post pics here. The monitor should be here next week. Dunno how much time global easy buy takes of late as I haven't bought from them in months. I heard bad things though. Let's see.

Aren't there custom built solutions for what you requirements are, except the touchscreen and games ofcourse? Wont the same supplier have a few upgraded versions.

Please let me know which XRay machine you are using?

And regarding the Patient management software, Are you talking something like HIS?? If so, it was made for you or a off the shelf one.

and Regarding the DICOM Image editor, Are you talking a stand alone one or the ones in the XRay?. If stand alone, which one is it please. Do you have any Image Analysis program?

If you cant post it here, a PM would be appreciated.

And now to the point.

Why were you going through all this? There were machines with all the stuff you say. and they will be having a extra DVI port where you can hook in you PC also.
<
. Didnt see this thread before.
<

I work in Medical Domain..
<

Please let me know which XRay machine you are using?

And regarding the Patient management software, Are you talking something like HIS?? If so, it was made for you or a off the shelf one.

and Regarding the DICOM Image editor, Are you talking a stand alone one or the ones in the XRay?. If stand alone, which one is it please. Do you have any Image Analysis program?

If you cant post it here, a PM would be appreciated.

And now to the point.

Why were you going through all this? There were machines with all the stuff you say. and they will be having a extra DVI port where you can hook in you PC also.
happy19.gif
. Didnt see this thread before.
sad.gif

I work in Medical Domain..
happy55.gif

im getting a dental RVG machine from Dr. Suni. It's called Suni Ray Plus. For now I shall use the patient management software that comes with it.

GUYS, after trying to get my hands on good competent package, including a good touchscreen monitor with VESA mounts and a Zotact ZBOX, I now see a flaw.

The monitors from GEB have been repriced to about 26k for the one I liked (it was 21k when I placed the order, hence they cancelled it)

After this 26k, I also need to get a Zbox that will not cost less than 25-26k.

The whole thing comes to 50+ k for an AMD netbook specced machine.

NOW HERE's the idea I applied. WHY NOT get a touchscreen all in one?? With VESA mounts??

Here's the config I am getting for the Lenovo B320

Specifications
  • Intel Core i3-2120 processor (3.3GHz 3MB Cache)
  • 21.5" HD WUXGA (1920x1080) Multitouch TFT VibrantView LED Display
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
  • 6 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz
  • ATI Radeon HD 6450
  • 1TB hard drive (7200 rpm)
  • Integrated Ethernet
  • 11 b/g/n Wi-Fi wireless
  • 8x DVD recordable drive
  • Integrated 0.3MP Camera
  • 5 in 1 Card Reader
  • Bluetooth full size keyboard and optical wheel mouse

NOW THIS is in no way netbook specs. This has a DVD drive too, and even a graphics card. Not to forget a webcam and a fast hard drive AND a multitouch SURFACE ACOUSTIVE WAVE display that is much more reliable than the optical display on the monitor I wanted to order (acer T231h).

I managed to snag one for 30 k and shipping and duties will take it to about 45k. BUT, it's totally worth it. And for less money, I get much more. Only compromise will be the quality of the display, which will not be as good as the Acer monitor I was going to order earlier.

All's well that ends well. Now the wait begins................

# frankmehta

Doc Kindly look into buying from india. Its available from http://www.deltapage.com/list/desktop.pdf

Pg no 2/10 for more info. U can see whether its available from Mumbai too.

Only the C320 in that list has a touchscreen. But works out to the same price and has warranty.

I have bought it already from USA. And I would rather buy the B series. The Ideacentre has the best quality components (esp screen) after their flagship Thinkcentre/Thinkpad series. The essential series is damn basic and cheap to touch. Besides, it doesn't have VESA mount, bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and is available in white. For a clinic and especially for a touch screen, I would prefer a grey or a black.

The machine I ordered has 6Gb ram (4GB RAM on C), ATI latest graphics (Intel HD3000 on C)

Also, 21.5 inch screen on the B series as compared to 20 inch. AND it's not full HD (it's 1600*900). The B series comes with a decent quality panel, which does full HD. Not that it matters much, but I would just think this way. If I am getting something much better for much less, then I would rather forgo warranty.

Back