Monitors [Solved] : 22" ips vs. 24" ips ? worth extra bucks ?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Hey TEain's !

I ended up with a bad monitor which is now about to no repair state ( 7 yrs old lg 19" ).

My needs are of a monitor around 15k max.

It would be used for gaming @ full hd, photoshop, illustrator, after effects and alot of coding...

I would like to have suggestions for the same :)

I read some threads here of for monitors like ...

1 ) dell 2204l was it around 8k ? Online its 10k+...
2) hp 22fi

Any other options are most welcomed...

I would like a matte screen don't known how glossy would work out for me.

In short less price + ips + full hd with hdmi = deal breaking ...

Which monitor to go for ? I have a asus d2c 760Gtx.

Currently cancelling plans to get 24" or 27 " inch as will later on get an 2k or 4k with gpu upgrade ...

Please help me out with my quest [emoji4]

i got quote :

Dell 22" s2216h - rs. 9000/-
Dell 22" s2240l - rs. 8600/-

Lg 22" 22MP56 - rs.8800/-
Lg 22" 22MP67 - rs.10000/-
Lg 23" 23M667 - rs. 12000/-
Lg 24" 24MP77 - rs. 14200/-
Lg 24" 24MP77SM -rs.14700/-

I think last two are same just the other dealer didn't gave full code.

Source of prices from latur !

Last edited:
I would not recommend you to get a 2K monitor for gaming with that card. It won't be able to handle the games on that high resolution. You can check benchmarks. Either get a good quality 1080p monitor or upgrade your GPU to support 2K in a better way.

index.php

uploadfromtaptalk1442713237834.jpg
can this monitor get repairs ? Is it possible ?

After touching the white line .... it took off half of my screen [emoji29]

Last edited:
I would not recommend you to get a 2K monitor for gaming with that card. It won't be able to handle the games on that high resolution. You can check benchmarks. Either get a good quality 1080p monitor or upgrade your GPU to support 2K in a better way.

index.php
What if i reduce the resolution of 2k monitor to 1920x1080 for now and later on upgrade my gpu and then use 2k resolution ?

Will reducing to full hd have bac picture quality in gaming ?

Like this also, i will be only reducing it for gaming purpose, but will it benifit for movies and coding ? I would also be using it for demo's and presentations.

Really .... wasted a lot time on this from morning and now come close to this 2 :

1) LG 22MP56HQ
2) dell s2240l

Its simply matter of fact which i see is both use lg's ips panel.

So shouldn't both have same performance ?

- While lg offers a matte monitor -> i think is good for people working for more then 8 hrs on screen ( which i do )

2) dell is glossy ! Don't have hand experiences on it but if someone as a work experience of around 7 hrs on this monitor ... please share your view on how is the eye strain after long hrs work ?

I would buy dell if working for 8-10 hrs ... that to coding and some days 10- 12 hrs gaming like bf4 and call of duty : advance warfare is not a problem to eyes !

Else lg seems the best option.

What you all think ?

What if i reduce the resolution of 2k monitor to 1920x1080 for now and later on upgrade my gpu and then use 2k resolution ?

Will reducing to full hd have bac picture quality in gaming ?

Like this also, i will be only reducing it for gaming purpose, but will it benifit for movies and coding ? I would also be using it for demo's and presentations.

What if i reduce the resolution of 2k monitor to 1920x1080. Will reducing to full hd have bac picture quality in gaming ?
If you would like to play games on a 2K monitor with 1080p resolution, then it will look too much grainy and would not appeal to you at all. You can play with sharp picture but with a cropped screen, which itself is not a good idea for playing games.

Benefits for coding?
No benefits

Benefits in movies?
Regular HD movies wouldn't look too nice, don't expect any miracles. But yeah if you buy ( or download ) qHD or 4K movie prints they would be more than 10 GB and they will certainly look better.

I would like to inform you that you would need a card that costs at least 35k to run AAA games at decent frame rates on a 2K monitor.

My advice still would be to get a largest size 1080p monitor that you can in your budget. Large size won't affect gameplay at all as long as resolution is same.

Plus a large sized monitor will definitely help you in coding.

That's my two cents!

2) dell is glossy ! Don't have hand experiences on it but if someone as a work experience of around 7 hrs on this monitor ... please share your view on how is the eye strain after long hrs work ?

Using this dell monitor for 2 years now. Honestly ? Its a freakin' mirror. It is very very glossy

Glossness doesn't cause any eye strain for me, it is just very irritating. Any dark scene/webpage comes up and you are looking at yourself. It is not good at all.

I wouldn't recommend it. At all

in my opinion, you should also consider the dell s2415h. i recently got a brand new piece as rma in place of my old dell s2440l. the glossiness is much reduced as compared to s2440l, it is still quite glossy but not that irritating. however this enhances PQ greatly. text and images look like pooping out of the screen like it do on new smartphone displays.

in my opinion, you should also consider the dell s2415h. i recently got a brand new piece as rma in place of my old dell s2440l. the glossiness is much reduced as compared to s2440l, it is still quite glossy but not that irritating. however this enhances PQ greatly. text and images look like pooping out of the screen like it do on new smartphone displays.
How much is the difference between a 21.5 inch and 24 inch screen ?

Do u justify the differences of 5-6k for that much ?

Nope, same resolution spread over more inches = less pixels per inch= bad quality. Yes there are more factors to guage a screen by but this is one of them. Add a little more and aet a dual monitor setup. Like i got two HP 22fi at 8.9k. Better than getting a single bigger one at 14k.

Nope, same resolution spread over more inches = less pixels per inch= bad quality. Yes there are more factors to guage a screen by but this is one of them. Add a little more and aet a dual monitor setup. Like i got two HP 22fi at 8.9k. Better than getting a single bigger one at 14k.
Can you post images of ur dual setup with off and on state ?

i am not able to decide what to do !
22 inch or 24 inch !

If 24 inch then dell s2415h or lg 24 mp77hq ?

Wtf !!!!qqq

i am not able to decide what to do !
22 inch or 24 inch !

If 24 inch then dell s2415h or lg 24 mp77hq ?

Wtf !!!!qqq

why are you just stuck into LG and Dell?
Why not consider BenQ, Viewsonic and AOC. Try to look for 1080p, 24 incher with mat finish. Glossy screen really makes colors pop, most TV uses glossy screen - its ideal if you watch from far. But PC games with lots of details, glossy screen also makes jaggyness more noticeable in compare to mat finish screen.

And yes those extra 2 inch matters, every extra inch of screen real estate matters. I am still looking for a 27 inchers 1080p IPS led backlight for my next upgrade. 2k resolution will unsettle your current setup

why are you just stuck into LG and Dell?
Why not consider BenQ, Viewsonic and AOC. Try to look for 1080p, 24 incher with mat finish. Glossy screen really makes colors pop, most TV uses glossy screen - its ideal if you watch from far. But PC games with lots of details, glossy screen also makes jaggyness more noticeable in compare to mat finish screen.

And yes those extra 2 inch matters, every extra inch of screen real estate matters. I am still looking for a 27 inchers 1080p IPS led backlight for my next upgrade. 2k resolution will unsettle your current setup
Currently where i am, only 22" inch is there in store and that to packed and not at display. 24" inch is whatwe need to order and then only dealer will get it in one day.

So i only got dell and lg as options.

Online is ok. But again i am out of idea like what will be the difference ?

Should i really invest in a 24" inch ? Or just get a 22" inch.

Back