Monitors [Solved] : 22" ips vs. 24" ips ? worth extra bucks ?

As I and @satyanjoy have already told you that even a half inch extra on screen real estate is worth it if it's in your budget.
Go for a 24", if it is in your budget. Its worth it for extra 2 inches.
Plus consider Benq or AOC also, they also make brilliant displays. Try and find some good deal online.

Can you post images of ur dual setup with off and on state ?
Not a great pic but should give you an idea

20150922031851.jpg

Currently where i am, only 22" inch is there in store and that to packed and not at display. 24" inch is whatwe need to order and then only dealer will get it in one day.

So i only got dell and lg as options.

Online is ok. But again i am out of idea like what will be the difference ?

Should i really invest in a 24" inch ? Or just get a 22" inch.

24 inch is the perfect for everything at 1080p..but again if there is no way to get 24 inch get settled with a 22 inchers..since screen is where you will be look all the time, I will prefer to get the best that I can afford and value for money. Monitor is not the department where you skimp of spending !!!

@OP
Have you considered Korean monitors ?
27" inch is kinda big which is good but bad for gaming on my gpu as stated above on 1st page.

Was thinking of it ofcourse but then cancelled the plan and though of getting 24" inch.

Will definately get a 27" inch or plus in near by future but currently 24 @ Full hd is the way ...

I have also read that OLED will be shipping from 2016 or this year so waiting will also be fruitfull in big monitors [emoji39]

By the way what hdmi cable should i get if i want to buy one ?

I just got quoted for original dell hdmi cable @ rs. 400/-

Is it worth that much ?

Is it worth that much ?
Yes it is. Just make sure that if your paying Rs 400 or above then its a genuine cable. I am using an MX HDMI cable which was about Rs. 1100. All depends on the quality. Cheaper won't give better output.

Is it worth that much ?

I got 3 DigiFlip HDMI cables from flipkart @249 each- it was a steal at that price for a gold plated (best quality) cable. I am using one for TV+Airtel HD+ STB, one with TV+ps3 (test 3D for both games and Movies-Blueray & downloaded) and one spare for PC monitor+ps3

Its showing as out of stock now - if you can wait, opt for notify me option..or else some other bit costly yet better options -

Belkin High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (1 metre) @ Rs. 655

Sony Flat - High speed HDMI cable (1080p) FULL HD @Rs484+59

Belkin F3Y021qe1m High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - 1 meter @ Rs.630

Yes it is. Just make sure that if your paying Rs 400 or above then its a genuine cable. I am using an MX HDMI cable which was about Rs. 1100. All depends on the quality. Cheaper won't give better output.
Any tip on checking its geniuality ?

I mean i saw the cable ... black... seems like one removed from monitor box, felt solid , had serial no. Just no dell written any were :/[DOUBLEPOST=1443095859][/DOUBLEPOST]
IMG_20150924_164633.JPG

is this a genuine dell hdmi cable ?

Last edited:
Went up and got lg 24" inch mp77hm-p [emoji39]

And the hdmi cable posted above !

using it sinces 11 am continously and daaaaaaaaam happy :D

Did some test and found 0 dead px ! Great veiwing matte screen not eye strains !

Yea kind of a bit stree for eyes but thats just me ... moving outof 19" inch to 24" inch [emoji14]

Thank you every one for your support and help in this buy :)

Have a nice night ahead :D

Went up and got lg 24" inch mp77hm-p [emoji39]

And the hdmi cable posted above !

using it sinces 11 am continously and daaaaaaaaam happy :D

Did some test and found 0 dead px ! Great veiwing matte screen not eye strains !

Yea kind of a bit stree for eyes but thats just me ... moving outof 19" inch to 24" inch [emoji14]

Thank you every one for your support and help in this buy :)

Have a nice night ahead :D
I keep mine at 5-10% brightness. Anything more strains the eyes.

Post pics man!

First of congratulations for your upgrade.
Sorry i was unable to reply about the HDMI cable.
Mostly it is difficult to check geniuinity of the cables. I had bought MX cable which came in a sealed box with a manual so it seemed to be geniuine.
I also recently changed mine to a 40" samsung led from 22" and it was hell of a difference.

Now after five days my laptop screen seems like a cellphone screen.

Post your pics bro!

First of all thank you so much :)

And now sorry .... becoz of the below unjustice i am above to do [emoji14]

uploadfromtaptalk1443196947534.png
uploadfromtaptalk1443196978677.png
uploadfromtaptalk1443197029046.png

Lg seem's to move along samsung now for their buttons been replaced by a joystick button.

uploadfromtaptalk1443197119604.png

Moving key left-rigth works for volume from hdmi and monitor itself
uploadfromtaptalk1443197578233.png

But i felt in love with the power led off option [emoji7]

uploadfromtaptalk1443197245274.png

And some more pic's ( not so impressive as only camera i have is my cell phone [emoji24] )

uploadfromtaptalk1443197377331.png

uploadfromtaptalk1443197415400.png

uploadfromtaptalk1443197459759.png

Split screen software is also great and works really well !

But its kind of advance version for two screen spit which microsoft offers from windows 7 upwards ...

Back