PC Peripherals [SOLVED]Beware: Flipkart is an unauthorized Razer reseller

point is, your warranty is up. You can't fight for an RMA now

exactly! you bought the product, you knew warranty is one year. why are you cribbing about the fact that in the US, warranty is two years? you are not in the US.
end of story.

Moreover, there are better options to choose from now. So, keeping away from Razer is a better and safer option.

you nailed that right!

any buyer needs to make purchases based on quality of product, warranty, quality of support where they are intending to use the product!

Lol no one is fighting for RMA here, people must have misunderstood it. I know very well that it has got 1 year indian warranty.

The other point is Razer US never told me that since i am not in US? so they can't honour the 2 year warranty for the product. Infact they agreed to rma the mouse initially, read the OP first !

@Gannu

Did you RMA'd both faulty DA's within it's indian warranty period ? It must be frustrating for you that it has developed the same double-click issue twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first DA was sourced from the US so it had to be sent back for the replacement. The replacement arrived within a month's time or so. The second DA was purchased locally so I had it RMA'd from Tirupati Enterprises. I lost faith in Razer's mice thereafter. :(

The first DA was sourced from the US so it had to be sent back for the replacement. The replacement arrived within a month's time or so. The second DA was purchased locally so I had it RMA'd from Tirupati Enterprises. I lost faith in Razer's mice thereafter. :(

Yeah even i have lost the faith after seeing so many double click issues around, in my case it started acting weirdly since past 6 months IIRC and i was in the impression that warranty is already expired but it was there till march :(

I was going to buy a corsair m65 fps mouse this time but couldn't able to find it anywhere at that time so i thought why not go with something tried and tested like g400 and save some bucks also.

Lol no one is fighting for RMA here, people must have misunderstood it. I know very well that it has got 1 year indian warranty.

The other point is Razer US never told me that since i am not in US? so they can't honour the 2 year warranty for the product. Infact they agreed to rma the mouse initially, read the OP first !

have you thought about it this way : what is the probability of a customer in India calling up the US for an RMA, when the product is bought and has warranty terms as per the place of purchase?

:p

have you thought about it this way : what is the probability of a customer in India calling up the US for an RMA, when the product is bought and has warranty terms as per the place of purchase?

:p

But why would anyone think like that ? Aren't we living in a globalized world.. :cool:

Hi All,

I have contacted Razer India representative Sashank (E : sashank.bhandaru@razerzone.com) he is aware of the situation and currently looking for a solution.

Flipkart is an authorize reseller, you can always write a mail to Sashank for any clarification on your RMA case. Please refer to below link for warranty period information on all Razer products which is same for India as well. The warranty period starts from the day of customer's purchase date.

How long is my Limited Warranty?

You are eligible for Limited Warranty support for the following periods of time commencing upon the date of retail purchase of your Product (“Warranty Period”):
Razer Blade (not including Battery) 1 year*
Razer Blade Battery 1 year
Razer Wired Mice 2 years
Razer Mamba (not including Battery) and Razer Orochi 2 years
Razer Rechargeable Mouse Batteries 6 months
Pro|Click wireless mice 1 year
Razer Keyboards and Keypads 1 year
Razer Headsets 1 year
Razer Earphones or Earbuds 6 months
Razer Speaker Systems 1 year
Razer Gaming Surfaces 6 months
Razer Gaming Accessories† 6 months
Razer Cyclosa and Abyssus 1800 Bundle 1 year
Razer Gaming Console Peripherals 1 year
Razer Hydra 1 year
- See more at: http://www.razerzone.com/warranty#sthash.UncuLaub.dpuf
http://www.razerzone.com/warranty

Razer is more than willing to help and resolve all RMA issue within 24 hrs, please contact Sashank if there are any pending cases.

Below are the Acro addresses who are the all India Razer distributors.

Ahmedabad
B3/8, Tarun Nager Society, Part-3 ,
Opp- Tejendra Prasad Bungalow, Bhuyangdev Road,
Memnager ,Ahmedabad , GUJARAT - 380052
Mr. Vicky Shah
(+91) 079-40327028, 9979095535 , 9879855806

Mumbai
Unit No.- 1/C , Gr. Floor , Lakshmi Commercial Centre
Road No.- 1 , J. P . Nagar ,Goregaon ( East )
Mumbai ( MAHARASHTRA) – 63
Mr. Abhishek
Ph.- (+91) 7666307666 , 022-26850678

Pune
Mr. Narayan
(+91) 9423821132

Bangalore
MS Plaza, (PID No.77-21-1), Old No.566, II Floor, 13th A Cross, 4th Main
Road, Opp.Telephone Exchange, S.R. Nagar, Bangalore -27, Karnataka
Mr. Youvaraj
080-41247954, 9620789777, 9035635656

Cochin
HIG-47, 10th Cross Road, Behind South Indian Bank, Panam
Pilly Nagar, Ernakulam, Kerala - 682036
Mr. Shinoj Kumar
(+91) 0484-3021559, 9633209691, 9895717455

Hyderabad
Plot No.-34,Gr.Floor,DSP Society, Opp-Municipal Tennis Court, Pender GhastRoad.
Sindhi Colony, Near Sindhu Bhawan, Secunderabad,(Andhra Pradesh) 500003
Mr. Chandan
Mobile-9959787006
hyderabad@acrotechindia.com

Chennai
Mr. G. Rajesh Kumar
(+91) 9841140609

Kolkata
Bld. No.-15, 1st Floor, Bow Street, Near Bow
Bazaar Police Station, Opp-Khairu Place,
Mr. Vasudev, Mr. Ganesh
033-40706032, 9831276034, 8017836358

@SMC-International

This clarification on warranty part is very much appreciated by all of us as we are under an impression that 2 year warranty is only valid in US.
Since last time I called Acro Engineering, Delhi that lady told me that they only honour 1 year warranty on their side but this official confirmation is much much needed here.
I am sending my mouse to the delhi office tomorrow with the copy of bill. I have been assured by sashank(razer india representive) that the mouse will be replaced so let's see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
does this left click issue still persist in DA black edition and DA 2013?
Since DA black edition also have the same sensor and same design i think we can't say that it can't occur in it.

Anyways i want to update this thread now since i i got the replacement today from Acro Engineering against the faulty DA 3.5G.
After i sent the mouse to their service center in delhi it took 1 week for that mouse till it accepted under the RMA process.

They offered me DA black edition as a replacement initially which i refused because i feel it is the same old DA without any lightning effect.
Then they offered me the new DA 2013 for an additional sum of 800 bucks which i accepted. I also got fresh 2 years warranty against the new mouse that's what i paid for.. not for upgrade :p

So now there is no confusion in warranty period and flipkart is an authorized dealer atleast in india.

Just noticed that i can edit the thread title by myself, anyways mods can change the title acordingly :)

Last edited:
^^ Well good for you. I had a similar kind of issue, although without the happy ending.

I bought my Deathadder on 20th August 2011. Recently it started showing left click issues and unable to drag with left click issues. I contacted Acro Engineering Bangalore and they said that the warranty was for one year. I emailed Mr. Sashank from Razerzone, who confirmed that the warranty is for 2 years and I can go ahead with the RMA. I contacted Acro again, and they told me come with the mouse and create a support ticket in Razerzone Support. After I got the confirmation from Razerzone, I took the mouse to Acro, where they said that they can give me a new DeathAdder 2013 but I will have to pay the difference amount.

Here's where things went bad. They wanted Rs. 1700 as the difference amount as I had paid Rs 2000 for the original DeathAdder and the new 2013 edition costs Rs 3799. I told them that Flipkart sells it for Rs 3500 and I could get it for less elsewhere. They told me that the price on the box was Rs. 3799 and they couldn't sell it for less. I showed them the price on my old box, which was Rs 2999 and told them it's the MRP not the absolute fixed price. Moreover, I would not get any warranty on the new mouse, although I am paying the difference for replacing a defective product within warranty. Ultimately it didn't seem like a good deal for me to pay Rs 1700 for another mouse without warranty, which will probably break after a year and then I will have no way to replace it. So I took my old mouse, went to SP Road and got myself a Logitech G400 for Rs 1600, with full warranty. Razer, never again.

You should have got the replacement like DA black edition which they offered without any extra cost. At least they offered me that not sure what is the case with yours.

Only thing that attracted me was the fresh warranty and that's why i agreed to pay the difference.
Now having used both DA 2013 and G400 i can surely say that former is leagues ahead when it comes to grip/ergonomics and tactile feedback.
I can't say anything about the build quality since i have just started using it for last few days. For the 1 year part i can't say much because may have reported over 2 year usage like the one above my previous post.

I would have paid the difference if they provided me any warranty. They did not offer even for 1 year. Well I will just have to adjust to G400 now. Oh and btw, they didn't have any old Black Edition, it was out of stock.

Since I've been Gaming on the PC (6 years now), I've only and only used the Logitech MX518 and I plan to continue using it till it collapses. Considering I purchased it for under 1400 bucks, I'm extremely happy with it.

Not criticising Razer having never used a Razer mouse, but I have to say that Logitech is far more reliable taking into consideration I know over 15 people who've faced issues with Razer mice, and only 2 who faced an issue with Logitech one.

I know Razer mice usually look much better than their Logitech counterparts, but looks deceive usually. Reliability should be a major factor whilst purchasing anything.

I would have paid the difference if they provided me any warranty. They did not offer even for 1 year. Well I will just have to adjust to G400 now. Oh and btw, they didn't have any old Black Edition, it was out of stock.
Yeah it's just a bad luck for you then i guess, G400 is also very good mouse for the price and nothing can beat it for just 1.6k.

Since I've been Gaming on the PC (6 years now), I've only and only used the Logitech MX518 and I plan to continue using it till it collapses. Considering I purchased it for under 1400 bucks, I'm extremely happy with it.

Not criticising Razer having never used a Razer mouse, but I have to say that Logitech is far more reliable taking into consideration I know over 15 people who've faced issues with Razer mice, and only 2 who faced an issue with Logitech one.

I know Razer mice usually look much better than their Logitech counterparts, but looks deceive usually. Reliability should be a major factor whilst purchasing anything.
Ohh now please don't start Logitech vs. Razer here, this thread is not for this debate.

Back