[Solved] How do i install a nokia data cable (dku-5)?

Grease Monk

Intertoob Ninja & Hamster Hunter Extraordinaire
Adept
Just got a dku 5 data cable for my phone. the driver cd which came along with it is total crap (i think it has the setup files of some other hardware). So i downloaded the drivers from the nokia site. Followed the instructions exactly (connected the cable only after installing the drivers and restarting) but it refuses to install drivers for the cable. It keeps on showing up as an unidentified usb device. When i make it search for drivers in the comp, it cant find any, and i dont know where the infs of the nokia install files are kept to manually select them. Any ideas?

ummm...i got one today for myself..a cheapo one..

it had 2 drivers, USB-serial bridge and the DKU-5 driver..installed both..phone wasnt detected. restarted comp, detected.

can you send me a copy of your drivers?

if via email, then to
Code:
[email]ashwinbenjamin@gmail.com[/email]

actually, forget it. Fixed the driver issue. As i mentioned earlier the infs on the cd (and from the nokia site) were for some other hardware id. Ended up having to edit the inf files to 'fool' the comp into thinking it was a Prolific usb-serial cable. Got the cable do be detected finally...and then realized that the 6260 doesnt support DKU-5 but DKU-2. I specifically asked the guy at the shop for a datacable tht would support the 6260 and he gave me this. Well, im also to blame for my carelessness.

Back