some help reqd with Adobe Acrobat

aElien

Disciple
I am using Adobe Acrobat 6 Pro[prerelease version :(]
Acrobat 7 Pro will be with me by 11:00 am 13/6/2005.

i have scanned this book, and taken out text using ABBYY Finereader 7 Pro, and saved it onto a PDF file. I have that "automatically detect and split dual pages" thing enabled so the comp automatically splits an image into two pages. but then, all pages become of different sizes, not to much difference in size, not much noticable, but i want to resize all the pages to same size, rather maybe i want "to make the page size same for all pages" The text should in no way be affected. only the page should resize.

What can i do ?

BTW my first scanned book

Code:
[url=http://www.uploadtemple.com/view.php/1118478676.rar]For the Love of India - The Life and Times of Jamshetji Tata ~ RM LALA[/url]*

Its the biography of the man who made the country believe in itself. He is one of my role models.

*MODS.plz snip if inappropriate.

OPTIONS (see attached image)-->crop pages--> change page size (options are 1. fixed sizes such as letter and 2. custom size, but u hve to specify the width and height.

OR

Try "margin controls"

Btw, I've adobe pro 7 with update 1.

@Spidey
it dont work. i tried that. it wont resize the page to a value smaller than the original page size.
i never tried this with v6. but with 7, i got a few ideas. the problem is you can't set the page to a smaller size, the prog cant chop parts of the PDF, however you can increase the size of the page. so what i have done :
1) increase the L x B of the page to a high value, significantly more than the L x B of the largest page expected.
2) and then crop a fixed amount of white space from all four sides.
3) rapidly scroll down to check for layout probs with text straying to the left or the right. and manually correct it :( (again by adding some margin to one, and cropping some from the other side)

so heres the edited copy of the book, ive done some work.

Code:
http://www.uploadtemple.com/view.php/1118748388.rar
2.2mb

Spidy and dudes, could you please and tell me how can i polish up the book more, and save time as well. to effciently make a book look by one made by a "pro" :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back