Some Images from Mobile Asia 2006, Delhi

Hey Guys

Had a chance to visit "The Mobile Asia Fair" today, which was being held in Delhi from 13-16 October..
Thought would share some pics that I took of the handsets-at-show, that I thought were quite interesting (Pics from my 6680 so don't kill me for the not-so-great quality ;) )..

Most of the phones are unreleased in the Indian Market:

Samsung

1. SCHB-600 --> 10 MP Cam Phone!!

2.SPH-V8200 --> 8MP Cam Phone

3. SCH-V770--> 7MP Cam Phone

4. SCH-B380--> 5MP Cam Phone

5. SCH-i830 --> Hot!!:cool2:

6. No Name : 8.4mm thin, 2MP Cam..I Loved this One!!

7. No Name: 3MP Cam..D900 Look-Alike but Thinner by 5gms..

Sony-Ericsson

1. W950--> 4GB Internal Memory!!
Details: Sony Ericsson W950 - Full phone specifications

Nokia

1. N95 --> 5MP Phone Cam..GPS-Navigation!!:hap2:
Details: Nokia N95 - Full phone specifications

Definite bias towards Samsung was unintentional:bleh: ..Infact to me there have always been 2 "real" handset manufacturers till date: Nokia & SE..But gosh..Samsung really stole the show with so many one-of-a-kind handsets at the show..:clap:

Cheers!!

PS: Will add pics of P990i tomorrow as its in my friend's cell..

nice pics there. Somehow samsungs proto type cell fones look and sound awesome on paper but flop miserably or atleast dont do well as nokia and SE in the real market. Reps added for the effort.

Thanx for the pics mate...nice effort repped...The samsungs really look impressive this time hope they sport a better gui too. Do post some more details of the phones , if you got any hands on with them.

Blade_Runner said:
nice pics there. Somehow samsungs proto type cell fones look and sound awesome on paper but flop miserably or atleast dont do well as nokia and SE in the real market.

That scenario seems to be changing. Was flipping channels on TV today evening and there was this report (dont recall which channel it was on) which said Samsung sold around 30 million mobile handsets during the last quarter, which is a record for them! Also, it is estimated that it wont be long before Samsung is up there with the market leaders - Nokia and Motorola.

TheMask said:
That scenario seems to be changing. Was flipping channels on TV today evening and there was this report (dont recall which channel it was on) which said Samsung sold around 30 million mobile handsets during the last quarter, which is a record for them! Also, it is estimated that it wont be long before Samsung is up there with the market leaders - Nokia and Motorola.
Was it shipped or sold ?

samsung phones are quite quirky.. they have some really nice designs and features but they have some issue or the other down the road some time. one of my fav phones till i got k750i was the sgh-200 was one of the lightest and slimmest phones that time and was great to use till it commited suicide after a year or so :( many ppl around me have got samsungs but all have developed a few quirks software glitches and hardware issues after a while

Thanx for the reps guys..Much appreciated..:hap2:

TheMask said:
I think that reports pertains to Q305..
But nonetheless..you're right..Samsung's picking up the pace..Have been coming up with some really ingenious products for quite some time now..And their handsets' screens are the best in the market IMHO..
bottle said:
one of my fav phones till i got k750i was the sgh-200 was one of the lightest and slimmest phones that time and was great to use till it commited suicide after a year or so :(
Exactly my point for the "No Name: 8.44mm..2MP cam phone" above..
I mean I'm someone who normally swears by Nokias' (and of late have been open to SE option)..Samsung never really crosses the mind..prolly coz of the preconceived notion that they'll have some or the other issues or won't be as feature-rich..whatever...
But taking that particular phone in hand..OMG! It was absolutely amazing..It was as light as a ball-pen!!:eek:hyeah:

^^^^ Couldn't play around much..Too many people wanted their hands on the star attraction!!:S
Looked gorgeous and started up really quickly..Thats as far as I could go!!:(

great pics, dude.............

That samsung u mention (slider) is D900...

I have always loved the samsung screens.. while people always debate N73 vs K790, it is d900 which walks away with a better screen and much better keypad and build quality then both... it is as usual let down by the awful UI and 100 Mhz proccy :(

Back