CPU/Mobo Some interesting Conroe Benchmarks...

Rofl..

Those are so worthless.

AMD results are in an SLI Rig, while Intel Conroe's are on a Single card.

The FX's have been given ddr2-1020 RAM
While the Conroes have been given ddr2-667? :rofl:
What a worthless post even...

But the Conroe used is 2.4 Ghz and cost's 300$, while the FX-62 is 3 Ghz, and costs 1000$ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:...

Plus the RAM difference... totally worthless benchmark..

Aditya said:
But the Conroe used is 2.4 Ghz and cost's 300$, while the FX-62 is 3 Ghz, and costs 1000$ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:...

Plus the RAM difference... totally worthless benchmark..

fx62 prices have to drop...

conroe has cut AMD to size...really...they cud hv just outperformed AMD little and been content but they chose to blow it out of the competition...

what will happen to AMD....they will have to sell x2 4800 for 15k or so to survive

Also the conroe processor will excel even more once developers start making applications which are conroe marchitechture optimized.
The situation does seem bleak for amd and to counter this they seem to be gearing up to launch fx-64 as per hexus.net .
but looking at the power consumption of the fx-62 already i guess ppl will still prefer conroe even if it matches it in speed or is slightly faster.
also amd's 4X4 platform will be a total flop as it supports only the fx range of processors and is not a viable option for gamers for whom its targetted at.(my personal opinion)

FX-64 seems pretty much useless to me unless AMD changes the processor to their new 65nm production method...And aditya the X6800 is 2.93Ghz:p and X6900 (@3.3Ghz and 1333Mhz FSB) is yet to be confirmed bcz INTEL said that 2.93 Ghz is "ENOUGH":rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

$999 but it seems that those chips will have unlocked Multi [Upwards also] So it makes perfect sense to ask for that price as AMD's TOL Chip is not even performing as good as your Mainstream offering.

AMD should concentrate more on 65nm Technology based Performance Processors, otherwise there will be a vast shift of Gamers towards Intel, which will be hard for AMD to digest.

Back