Some problems with Nokia 5800XM..

G@d of w@r

Skilled
Hi guys..

its a wonderful phone no doubt about that :hap2:

Since ive flashed to V20, there are some problems im experiencing..

1) While receiving/dialling calls, i cannot get access to phone functions

While receiving calls:

1. when i tap Send text, it doesnt happenm

2.when i tap silence while receiving call, it doesnt happen. that thing doesnt tap at all :( i cannot tap any of the options while receiving calls nor i can silent the ringtone :( its like, the option shows but when i tap it, it doesnt work..

2) same above problems while dialing calls, cannot tap the on-screen buttons :mad:

3) Wi-Fi is not usable ( i have a password on router ) it shows gateway timeout or something. i know this is bug with nokia and will work with routers without password but how to solve this? what settings to keep in my phone?

Help will be appreciatad...

1) and 2) were working for first 2-3 days then suddenly stopped :(

Did *#7370# 2 days back but same problem :(

well, in the other thread people have told to reset back to factory settings to get rid of most problem with the new firmware....

OTher than that.... have u caliberated the screen properly :p

i already mentioned that ive done *#7370# :( still no help. ill try calibration as said by icefusion and report back.

Edit: calibration didnt help.. now what to do?

I suspected Unique skin top decal and my assumption war right :p

on top on 5800, we have 2 sensors and 1 cam..

so this decalskin covered 1 sensor beneath it and had another sensor and 1 camera uncovered..

so the sensor which was blocked was not allowing inputs on screen after receiving or after dialing a call :p

got solved :D

i will email uniqueskins ppl regarding this. now ill have to do some skin modding :(

the only thing left is problem 3) :(

As per ur this thread
http://www.techenclave.com/1077319-post1.html
I thought you had bought this phone to make it "LOOK SEXY". after all components looking good is the mantra propagated in this pseudo techie site is it not?. i never imagined that you would be using this mobile for such mundane tasks as making / receiving calls etc...for if you had least bit of techie in you you would have searched the net before dressing or skinnng the phone completely.

I wanted to post and remind you that blocking the proximity sensor would have unpredictable consequences, including the problems you are facing, and skinning that portion is not a good idea but then i realised some ignorant , uneducated, undeserving smart ass would complain about it to the bunch of "wise men" who go under the garb of "mods" here and some "CRAZY" mod would send a pm regarding "infractions" etc...hence i did not post.

Another tip for you guys: the antenna's for the mobile / gprs / etc are on the left side of the phone. try not to cover it with ur hands while receiving weak signals, alternatively if you point the left side of the phone skywards the satellite signal levels increase by a bar or two....and gps positioning is a bit quicker and faster.

SunnyBoi said:
ermmm do you have mac filtering on the router enabled?

what is that i donno..

i figured out that i have to disable power saving option in Wifi advance settings.. i will try and report back :eek:hyeah:

G@d of w@r said:
I suspected Unique skin top decal and my assumption war right :p

on top on 5800, we have 2 sensors and 1 cam..

so this decalskin covered 1 sensor beneath it and had another sensor and 1 camera uncovered..

so the sensor which was blocked was not allowing inputs on screen after receiving or after dialing a call :p

got solved :D

i will email uniqueskins ppl regarding this. now ill have to do some skin modding :(

the only thing left is problem 3) :(

tere decal ko nazar lag gaye:p

When mac filtering is enabled

The router will only connect to devices whose mac id is inputted in the mac filter list on the router config page.So turn the filtering off if it is on.

@God of war, yep that's the case. Even my GadgetShieldz blocked the near invisible sensor. So the touchscreen switches off as soon as a call is recd/made. I have already mentioned this to him, and they have said they will send me a corrected skin on Monday free of cost :D. they even offered a refund on top of the rectified skin, but i wanted a skin, so i told them keep the refund and send me a better skin :p. In the meantime, you can access the phone during calls by locking-unlocking the phone using the lock slider. Also you can silence the phone by just flipping it over on the face. You can use this for silencing calls as well as snoozing alarms.

just to avoid all this im still sticking to my v11.....its freaking stable...no operational level bugs or anything its just perfect *touchwood*.......i can do will low quality pix for now :) will upgrade aramse when a real stable version is out.

It's not a V20 problem, its the GadgetShieldz design flaw. they are already changing it on my recommendation and sending me a new one on monday :D

PhOeNiX said:
It's not a V20 problem, its the GadgetShieldz design flaw. they are already changing it on my recommendation and sending me a new one on monday :D

errrrr , my bad , i was refering to some other issues which occur on the v20 which i have been reading about.....

Back