Some sites not opening with ASUS RT N13U B1

CeDrIc

Adept
Hi guys,
Need your help on this.
I am using Railwire connection in Bangalore. Have set it up on ASUS RT N13U B1 wifi router.
Enabled GoogleDNS.
I am able to access most of the websites. But some sites like Yahoo Mail, Tumblr etc doesn't open at all while using the wifi connection. But if i disconnect the wifi router and connect the same connection through LAN cable, I am able to browse these sites.

Any idea what could the issue be and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Your mtu is wrong that's why you are having problems. To find out the right mtu follow this

Go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ Command Prompt and type the following:
ping -f -l 1472 www.google.com

Then keep changing the mtu value from 1450-1499 when you get the ping that's the right value of mtu for your connection.Then set that mtu value in your router.

I am able to access most of the websites. But some sites like Yahoo Mail, Tumblr etc doesn't open at all while using the wifi connection. But if i disconnect the wifi router and connect the same connection through LAN cable, I am able to browse these sites.

Any idea what could the issue be and how to fix it?
Did you try with different browsers ?

Fastest way to find out where the issue lies is to use trace route method. The IP address at which the ping fails or gets dropped will be the culprit.

Edit: alternatively, you can also try reverse trace route.
revtr.cs.washington.edu/

Last edited:
Did you try with different browsers ?
Tried 3 browsers, not working.

Fastest way to find out where the issue lies is to use trace route method. The IP address at which the ping fails or gets dropped will be the culprit.
Edit: alternatively, you can also try reverse trace route.
revtr.cs.washington.edu/
Tracert works for the sites that i am unable to browse, but with more no. of hops.

Try changing MTU values. Lowering the value may help
What could be the ideal value?

Your mtu is wrong that's why you are having problems. To find out the right mtu follow this

Go to Start/ Programs/ Accessories/ Command Prompt and type the following:
ping -f -l 1472 www.google.com

Then keep changing the mtu value from 1450-1499 when you get the ping that's the right value of mtu for your connection.Then set that mtu value in your router.
Have you tried this option

Back