Monitors Some Suggestion for 22' LCD

vishwaswish said:
I got this for abt month back for 12.8K from SP road. went to purchase dell saw the poster hanging in his shop n asked for the price he told 12.8k i asked him ten times can't believe myself even asked for price before paying also.

Which shop?

Ok finally I have bought my LCD.. Thanks to everyOne for there suggestion.
But in the end I did'nt had much of a choice.

Finally I settled with ViewSonic VX2235WM-5 for 12.5K from SMC.
It was a daunting task as no other models were available.
LG 226WTQ was no where to be found. The top most LG 22 inch was 224WS for 11.8K. (Sometime back I asked for this models price in one of the electronic showroom at Gurgaon Malls and it was 12K).:S
Samsung T220 was available only at one shop that too for 16.5K. RR Systems guy told me that T220 will be available with them after 20 days and expected price is 15.8K. But I must admit it was a beautiful sight will all the high end specs....:clap:
No one has heard of BENQ new 2200 series. One of the shopowners told me come after 1 month for 2200 series.:mad:
It was really a pathetic experience that too at Nehru Place, One of the biggest Computer market of Asia.

Anyways, I am still happy with my purchase.:hap2:

no doubt...i'm used to these vibes of unavailability
Ankurkh1 said:

LG 226WTQ was no where to be found. The top most LG 22 inch was 224WS for 11.8K. (Sometime back I asked for this models price in one of the electronic showroom at Gurgaon Malls and it was 12K).:S
Samsung T220 was available only at one shop that too for 16.5K. RR Systems guy told me that T220 will be available with them after 20 days and expected price is 15.8K. But I must admit it was a beautiful sight will all the high end specs....:clap:
No one has heard of BENQ new 2200 series. One of the shopowners told me come after 1 month for 2200 series.:mad:
It was really a pathetic experience that too at Nehru Place, One of the biggest Computer market of Asia.

Congo ... on your purchase whats up next ?

Ankurkh1 said:

Thanks to everyOne again!!!

Looking at the beautiful and Sleek figure of my LCD I am thinking to use it as a TV. Can you guys suggest me some some good TV Tuner card with remote.
Also I tried to watch DVD on it and at some places I was not happy with the grey and black shades.
Is it becuse I am coming from a CRT or my current Rig (its a Pathetic 4 - 5 yr old Intel IGP. I am surely going to Update it in coming months)

Like h@cker and yourself, I too am a recent entrant to the Vx2235wm-5 owners club. I know the patches you're talking about. Unfortunately, for those experiencing these monitors (6-bit TN panels) for the very first time, these will be a clear step down (compared to CRTs, especially good ones) in terms of general image quality, be it color (for sure), artifacts in compressed videos (especially low bit rate ones), banding, etc.

These LCDs are also typically off in terms of color accuracy and need to be profiled and calibrated. The grey/black issues you mention are a little easier to handle by adjusting the gamma, but the former requires special hardware like Spyder, Huey, etc (or a .icm file for our specific model from some forum member who happens to have the same monitor and a calibrator)

Back