PC Peripherals Some Suggestions for Moderate Gaming PC's for a Cafe.

whateve_r

Disciple
Hey,

I have a Friend who is opening a Gaming Cafe and needs Affordable PC within the Range of 12k-15k excluding Monitor. Remember the Cafe is only for people who are interested in Multiplayer Games. He isn't preparing for Bioshock or anything.

Anyway's these are the Specs which are mostly confirmed :

Processor : AMD 4000+ ( Rs. 3150 )

Motherboard : Need Help from you Guys, which is a decent Motherboard which has some option of Overclockabilty. If the Budget goes way overboard then please suggest a very Stable Motherboard which will last a long time. ( 3k-3.5k ) Offcourse it will be an AM2 Socket.

Memory : Here also need your Help, not interested in some Cheap0 HyniX RAM. Rather ordering from KMD from U.S Newegg. The Budget here is 2k-2.5k. Only looking for Single 1GB Sticks Here. Please give suggestions on which RAM to go for from U.S

Hard Disk : Going for an Affordable SATA HDD 160GB ( Rs. 2150 )

Graphic Card : Going for the eVGA 8600GT from KMD for Rs. 5800. Any better suggestions ?

The total Budget up here comes for nearly Rs. 15,800 and is decent. I am sure since my Friend will be buying in Bulk he can attain a respectable Discount. As for SMPS, he is might go for the 400Watts that are coming with the Cabinets Nowdays. Might also ask suggestion for the Cabinet but now now later when the overall Picture is clear.

akS !

P.S Thanks for your Help in Advance Guys !!

'Jetway 692GDG + X2 4000+' combo for 6K or lower.:)
Jetway 692GDG amd 690G chipset based mobo is a decent OCer with better onboard gfx than 6100 based ones.
The componenets and quality felt better than the Asus ones.:p

8600GT of most makes are 6.2K odd locally and since it's a gaming cafe, local warranty of 3 yrs should be helpful imho.:ashamed:

Cheapo hynix/Elpida sticks are doing around 800Mhz pretty easy and the difference with highly overclockable stick shouldn't be much noticeable- plus local 3 yrs warranty- again i think will be quite helpful in a gaming cafe scenario.:ashamed:

The money you save can be pumped into better psu than the ones bundled with cases, for some peace of mind- like a powersafe 400W dual rail.:ashamed:

Back