Sony 40" LED TV Full HD 1080P, Brand New in Box, imported from the USA, Custom Paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sony 40" LED TV Full HD 1080P, Brand New in Box, imported from the USA, Custom Pa

Putting up the bill if you have one would probably put an end to this debate. This ain't really going anywhere :)

Re: Sony 40" LED TV Full HD 1080P, Brand New in Box, imported from the USA, Custom Pa

yours_majesty said:
I gave the actual picture. When it can be bought for $799 then whos gonna pay $1079, it hardly matters where you buy it from, buying from PCConnections wouldn't transform a Sony LCD-TV to an LG or Samsung bullshit, what matters more is the price, you may have more money to throw, but not all here think the way you do.

Assuming they don't charge shipping (to the US location, shipping charges to India is over and above this),
also assuming they don't charge sales tax, let's see what we got here

- Charges by Borderlinx (or some other company) to ship it to India to take care of customs duty, shipping charges to India,
taxes, etc.
- Risk of it getting damaged while in transit
- Spending days in convincing customs officer clear the shipment by honoring the price mentioned on the purchase invoice and
not adding some Rs 20K+ as extra duties + penalties, that's over and above $447 that Borderlinx charged before even moving it
from the USA.

Anyhow, just to pacify you, I've reduced the price by as much as 8K and put it at 65K. Happy now ????
I think that's the best a human being can do.
If not, then APOLOGIES as I'm not God !!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

agantuk said:
Putting up the bill if you have one would probably put an end to this debate. This ain't really going anywhere :)
Yes, I can. And surely will handover all the papers to the buyer.

But, it's a useless debate and if, even after so many clarifications, yours_majesty is still in the same mood,
I don't think putting up the bill will make any difference :)

I'd just give up on him and let the TE members to decide for themselves. It's just a TV.
If no one here wants to score this great deal, I can sell it outside TE anytime for this ridiculously low price of 65K,
it was just that I wasn't ready to bear any loss on it until I got dejected by baseless and useless claims of yours_majesty :cry:

This is a nice deal I asked for warranty cuz my friend was looking for a 40" LED and we bought Samsung UA40C6200UR yesterday for around 85k from Jumbo.

So this is one great deal here, hope it goes out soon.

Is anyone interested in buying this product or everyone just wants an infraction?

^ Pls dont start this all over again.

If the links have been provided with lower price and adequate proof been given that the item can be procured for less, then any bloated price quote from any tom dick harry site doesnt matter.

One would always want to get the price low rather than get it from any other place which is charging more.

Let the sale continue

Nice price.

Was really interested, but called up the Sony centre here and they said that it won't have international warranty, coz the warranty terms and conditions of sony are country specific :(

BTW, 65k is a really great price for such a beauty.

dealwise said:
It was bought at Dell and not at PCConnection or some other lousy website.

Best of luck with your sale, but I just wanted to contradict you on a very very small point. All in the spirit of correct information.

PC Connections is not a lousy site. Both PC Conn and Dell participate in the Bizrate customer feedback program - a premium independent customer survey program that has various quality controls before adding a store to its roster, and secondly, collects detailed feedback at point of sale and later through emails. The results:

1) PC Connection - over 75k feedbacks - overall score 9.5 Store Ratings at BizRate
2) Dell - over 1000k feedbacks - overall score 8.7 Store Ratings at BizRate

But that said, your price is sweet, at least when comparing to indian street prices and ignoring the pc conn & 3rd party shipping option. Once again, best of luck for your sale. :)

hi

very much interested....can u please check and let me know if there is local warranty or not.

qsahmed said:
hi

very much interested....can u please check and let me know if there is local warranty or not.
Sorry, not able to get the info. Called Sony India folks but they were clueless about it.
I wish Sony had something similar to what Apple has: a URLto check the warranty of iDevices

qsahmed said:
hi

afaik SONY doesnt offer international warranty on TVs.
Its only for laptops.

How about deleting the idiot's post from this thread and consolidating all useful info together?...I have referred this to friends looking for TV and dont want them to see the shit a few idiots throw around. (Even after they were kicked out from other forums for the same thing)

The price is totally killer!!!

I wish had'nt bought 40 inch bravia LCD ..den wouldve gone for this definitely

65k is insane imo..gl dude..

I'm interested but have a few doubts:

1. What about the power supply? The Americans use 110V whereas we use 240V. Will there be any problems?

2. Does this TV support PAL format? It's NTSC in the US...

Fahrenheit said:
I'm interested but have a few doubts:

1. What about the power supply? The Americans use 110V whereas we use 240V. Will there be any problems?
2. Does this TV support PAL format? It's NTSC in the US...
1> If you read through the tread, its clearly written that the TV supports input range of 110V-220V, so you can play it without the need of a step-up converter.
2> All the new TVs are multi format capable, so it really does not matter.

^Actually, this is NTSC only.

Back to my hiding place...

If dealwise has opened the box, he can just hookup the TV & can check if he can see the channels or not & settle the issue once & for all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back