Audio Sony Balanced Armature XBA-3

krisballa

Disciple
Yesterday I was checking Sony India's website and found that Sony released the new Balanced Armature IEMs in India. The XBA-3 & XBA-1. Did anybody tried these? How good are these compared to Klipsch Image S4.
<
. It seems XBA-3 has triple drivers (Full Range + Woofer + Tweeter). Can somebody shed some thoughts on these
<

As per Joker, he liked XBA-1, but he has not done a review on it yet.

According to what I've read, XBA-1 is more on the flatter side, XBA-3 should be balanced, but is not 'flat' sounding. It's a bit confusing going by several reviews. The reason is that these have lower impedance. If the source is not right (those with low output impedance like Clip+, iPhone 4, probably Cowon J3), these could vary depending on which source you use.

I'll update by the end of the week. It's likely that I may end up buying one of them. Our local Sony Centre has not got the stock yet.

@KRis stupid people say it is not regular order to show that you really want sort pay in advance
that is common practice in some shops. I had to pay an advance for a monitor which was not much in demand at that time, Dell U2311H.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

#[member='antz123'], #[member='Sarath_']

may be but that happens in some shops where they sell all types of brands. Sony centers are different as they are exclusive show rooms for Sony. Few months ago I have bought Sony MDR-XB300 when I asked about the warranty they said Sony doesn't provide any warranty on headphones
<
even it is high-end headphone. Klipsch & Sennheiser providing two years warranty on headphones
<

No warranty is a big con. I had my Sennheiser IEM replaced in last week of its warranty period. Was truly impressed. Koss porta pro has life time warranty. It is unfortunate to see Sony has no trust in their own earphones.

i am more surprised that Sony is no where on website i mean on e-commerce portals. and then they wonder whats wrong with the company

Yeah. My Sony EX-76 gave way on one ear piece even after all the care I put to maintain it. It just lasted for around 6 months. I now have the Sennheiser CX 400-II and it is much more sturdy for the past year I've had it. I will never go for a Sony again unless they provide warranty.

Back