Sony bravia full hd led 40ex700 lcd tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamPagE

Adept
Up for sale is a SONY BRAVIA FULL HD LED 40EX700 LCD TV

Condition - Brand new. Imported from Dell.com. Invoice order slip also available.

Warranty - As the invoice order slip is available, one can just go to a SONY service center and get an AMC aka warranty coverage for 1/2/3 years, by paying nominal charges.

Price - 63k. Current MRP is 83.9k

Reason - Bought from dealwise @ TE to gift it to someone. But due to miscoordination between me and dad, ended up with two TVs at my home today. :(

Pics - ImageShack Album - 3 images

Local buyers are preferred DELHI (NCR), but can ship it if the buyer wants.

sumatrix said:
Offtopic.

How much was the actual mrp and what were the shipping and excised duties??
Have no idea, as I bought it from Dealwise @ TE. AFAIK, it costed him Rs. 52000 + 22000 (for shipping via Borderlinx, DHL and customs) = Rs.74000

Its a good offer :thumb: But it would be better if you can provide the following details for the benefit of the interested members.
1) Is it NTSC only or PAL/NTSC?
2) Whats the voltage rating for this product?

Based on your response, interested buyers might need to get some additional equipment to get it working.

Thanks
askids

askids said:
Its a good offer :thumb: But it would be better if you can provide the following details for the benefit of the interested members.

1) Is it NTSC only or PAL/NTSC?

2) Whats the voltage rating for this product?

Based on your response, interested buyers might need to get some additional equipment to get it working.

Thanks

askids

->It's 110-240V, so no issues with voltage.

->It works perfectly fine with HDMI both in PAL/NTSC

->It works perfectly fine with COMPONENT CONNECTION in PAL/NTSC

->It has an analog NTSC bit

sumatrix said:
Offtopic.

How much was the actual mrp and what were the shipping and excised duties??
The actual MRP was $1385, Dell offered a $350 discount on it, so with US sales tax, it costed me $1105

Borderlinx charged Rs 21K for customs duty + shipping charges (from US to India) + taxes

Customs official added another Rs 21K as extra customs duty + penalties because as per Sony India website,

the MRP was Rs 1,04,900, but after quite an effort and finding some contacts at customs and spending a full

day at customs office at the airport, that extra 21K was averted.

Final cost: Rs 52K (INR equivalent of US$1105 at the then conversion rate) + Rs 21K (Borderline charge) = Rs 73K (final landing price with all the effort and headache with Delhi customs officer being considered invaluable)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

RamPagE said:
->It's 110-240V, so no issues with voltage.

->It works perfectly fine with HDMI both in PAL/NTSC

->It works perfectly fine with COMPONENT CONNECTION in PAL/NTSC

->It has an analog NTSC bit
Yes, only if you go for analog connections, NTSC/PAL issue surfaces.

But then, who'd use analog input with a digital and that too a LED TV ?

So, if you use component (non-HD set top boxes, e.g., Airtel) and/or HDMI (any HD set top box), then no NTSC/PAL issues.

dealwise said:
The actual MRP was $1385, Dell offered a $350 discount on it, so with US sales tax, it costed me $1105

Borderlinx charged Rs 21K for customs duty + shipping charges (from US to India) + taxes

Customs official added another Rs 21K as extra customs duty + penalties because as per Sony India website,
the MRP was Rs 1,04,900, but after quite an effort and finding some contacts at customs and spending a full
day at customs office at the airport, that extra 21K was averted.

Final cost: Rs 52K (INR equivalent of US$1105 at the then conversion rate) + Rs 21K (Borderline charge) = Rs 73K (final landing price with all the effort and headache with Delhi customs officer being considered invaluable)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Yes, only if you go for analog connections, NTSC/PAL issue surfaces.
But then, who'd use analog input with a digital and that too a LED TV ?

So, if you use component (non-HD set top boxes, e.g., Airtel) and/or HDMI (any HD set top box), then no NTSC/PAL issues.
Thanks for the info.

Dude, get some clarity on the warranty part. This is a kickass TV with a superior ASV panel from Sharp and I am sure some of them wouldn't mind spending a small premium for warranty coverage.

Do inquire with Sony on whether the warranty can be claimed using the invoice. Do keep us posted on the charges.

Desecrator said:
Dude, get some clarity on the warranty part. This is a kickass TV with a superior ASV panel from Sharp and I am sure some of them wouldn't mind spending a small premium for warranty coverage.

Do inquire with Sony on whether the warranty can be claimed using the invoice. Do keep us posted on the charges.
The extra charges for 1 year AMC here is Rs.5500. Also, AMC is provided by the SONY dealer only and is region specific.

^Did you confirm this specifically? Post the complete details so that others may notice it. Most of them may not want to take a plunge thinking this may go kaput later.

Desecrator said:
^Did you confirm this specifically? Post the complete details so that others may notice it. Most of them may not want to take a plunge thinking this may go kaput later.
Yes I confirmed this. Different Sony dealers have different AMC packages.

Also, nothing can go wrong with TV in one year. You have the Sony Service guys always there at your doorstep as a backup, for a paid service.

^Mighty congrats! :)

This was a kick ass deal indeed. Did you inquire about the warranty?

uh oh, worded my post wrong. bought a LCD locally, OP had not responded so.. :|

Desecrator said:
^Mighty congrats! :)

This was a kick ass deal indeed. Did you inquire about the warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back