Sony Bravia KLV-32S310A

Shripad

ex-Mod
Hi people.
As some of you already knew I spent last couple of days hunting for LCD TV for my room.
Looked entire, Sharp , LG, Sony, Samsung range.
I was looking for 32'' U (little older series) series to begin with and even booked the same with Alfa. But on my way back home i entered SonyMony and they had the newly ( in india ) launched S series.
Sony completely revamed their LCD lineup recently and introduced better models. And the 32S310A was considerably better than older U / S and V series side by side. And this was coming out to be the cheapest option as well.
Dual HDMI, PC input, Component In/Out, Svideo. Everything is there.
After looking and playing HD content on both U series (older) and new S310A, decided to jump in for the 32S310A. The contrast levels, colours look more natural in Cinema mode of this LCD than all old V/U series.
Called up Alfa and they agreed to swap my order for the 32S310.
Under 40k this is a killer deal. Have a look ( pics really dont do justice here. )

nice deal dude. how much have you spent on it ? i am also planning to have one for my room. can you send me the details for this product as i have heard that bravia is an obselete technology from america. all the products of sony bravia were rejected in USA and then they are being transported to india via china. pls let me know you views on it.?

lol who told you that??

This exact same panel is sold in USA under Bravia name. Model no is different in US. Its called 32S3000 there and here its 32S310A.

Price was 38K.

Thats slight premium over older S series and U series.

tusharrastogi said:
nice deal dude. how much have you spent on it ? i am also planning to have one for my room. can you send me the details for this product as i have heard that bravia is an obselete technology from america. all the products of sony bravia were rejected in USA and then they are being transported to india via china. pls let me know you views on it.?
I think you meant ABSOLEET?? :huh:
Short for 'Absolutely LEET'. :eek:hyeah:
Funky Dada- do i need to say anything more. :rofl:

tusharrastogi said:
no dude...i have heard abt it from some techiee magazine sir...neways thanks for the guidance and this light humor here...thanks a lot.

Hey- take it easy- just kidding. :p

But do let us know which magazine/Tech site reported that. :cool2:

Oh yeah "double pump" baby!!!!
lol
nice chicka..

How does the samsung beodux(or watever those chick lookin samsung models r called) compare wid this one...???

The R81 was looking nice but was expensive. I was not willing to put in anything more than 40K for this setup. Original plan was to use this as gaming and movie monitor and use Dell SP2208 as browsing monitor. But now investing 21k in 2208 seems pointless.

The desktop experience turned out to be better than what i imagined. I am still not using digital input as I dont have DVI-HDMI converter. Will be buying that in a day or two.

At the moment its on component input from 8800GT.

Hey funky, so can the 32" LCD can be used as the primary desktop monitor for normal usage along with movies ? How do the screens look like ?

And 38k, is that the grey market price ?

Well it will depend on you. Text looks big on this TV. But its comfortable and sharp enough. I was expecting the dotpitch causing problem. But it turned out to be better experience than I expected for desktop use. I never planned this as a desktop monitor replacement. But it can substitute it for normal use.

If you want larger working area then you might wanna add cheapo LCD monitor as a secondary / browsing monitor. But you can live with the TV alone.

samsung R81 expensive . well the greay prices for the r81 were 35k in DELHI 2- 3 months back . may be they have increased it due to festive seasons ard the corner .

Back