Sony Bravia KLV-32S310A

Here in mumbai, the Alfa does not keep the Grey stock of samsung, LG. Only Sharp, Hitachi and Sony.

Also you need to see the Bravia engine at work. The image processing works amazingly well and thats what sets this TV apart from others. Sure it does not have 10bit panels like the new LG and Samsung series. But it still ends up giving overall better experience. Specially when you are not gonna watch only HD content on your PC.

I will be watching 20%HD and 70%DVD/TV content on this. This is where the noise reduction, sharpness of this TV plays very important role.

Those MPEG artifacts, noise which we see on big TVs and LCD monitors are almost eliminated by Bravia engine.

Now same is not the case with even these new 100hz LG panels and R81s.

The HD content looks good on all these. But when it comes to playing SD content you really need to have a good hard look personally side by side at these products to make a informative call. Thats the reason I picked this one.

I was getting good low EMI finance on Samsung and LG. Would have bought that if those were better.

yeah the BRAVIA engine .. does work good. infact i like the sony over the samsung even if they are samsung panels only ... dont know why but thats the case :) . seen the series and the R81 also . one problem with R81 even the V series Sony 32 ' seen both of them with lots of movies ... EVEN with org discs there seems to be lack of colors at times ... i mean a good LCD asks demands GOOD movies with good prints... :) .

Funky said:
Also you need to see the Bravia engine at work. The image processing works amazingly well and thats what sets this TV apart from others. Sure it does not have 10bit panels like the new LG and Samsung series. But it still ends up giving overall better experience. Specially when you are not gonna watch only HD content on your PC.
I will be watching 20%HD and 70%DVD/TV content on this. This is where the noise reduction, sharpness of this TV plays very important role.
Those MPEG artifacts, noise which we see on big TVs and LCD monitors are almost eliminated by Bravia engine.
Now same is not the case with even these new 100hz LG panels and R81s.
The HD content looks good on all these. But when it comes to playing SD content you really need to have a good hard look personally side by side at these products to make a informative call. Thats the reason I picked this one.
I was getting good low EMI finance on Samsung and LG. Would have bought that if those were better.

What about non-hd content from the internet such as tv shows and movie rips(the regular divx ones)? Does the Bravia engine show benifit for that too? Some amount of post processing can also be done with the PC too...so is there any benifit of going the sony way for watching rips via HTPC..?

Yup I am using DVI to HDMI converter at the moment. Got it yesterday. All I can say is that with DVI conneciton, what you see on screen totally changes. I though it was good with component, now with DVI it just got better.

Even SD content looks good. Anything thats DVD quality looks good.

^^Kewl.... Enjoy...

One of my friends got a 46 incher Bravia n poor soul doesn know to pamper it... He's got an HP DV9k series with an HDMI out... Despite my earnest advice he seems not intersted...

This' wat hpns wen rite h/w reaches d wrong ppl... :p

composit, Svideo is only other option if your tv has it. But honestly why you wanna connect your PC to CRT TV? to watch movies its ok but you wont be able to read anything on the screen :p

dude i am also planning to buy one for myself with complete dvd home threatre. i have got these options suggest me which one is the best one so far.

Sony Bravia 32S310A + DAV-DZ1000

Sony Bravia 32S310A + DAV-IS10

Sony Bravia 32S310A + Onkyo HT SR800 7.1

Sony Bravia 32S310A + Denon DHT487 DV

Sony Bravia 32S310A + Sony HT6900DP

Sony Bravia 32S310A + JVC TH-C6

Sony Bravia 32S310A + Onkyo LS-V955

Sony Bravia 32S310A + Samsung HT-P398

Philips 32 PFL7422 + Denon DVD-1730 + Onkyo HT SR600

Sony Bravia 32S310A + Bose Acoustimass 10 Series IV Home Theater Speaker System - Black + Denon DVD-1730

Sony Bravis 32S310A + Onkyo LS-V955

Sony Bravis 32S310A + Samsung HT-P38

Sony Bravis 32S310A + Panasonic SC-HT930

Sony Bravis 32S310A + Panasonic SC-HT640W

Tell me wht you suggest..?

Back