Video sony cx520 lcd

indresh88

Disciple
Please anybody confirm this if .mkv playable via usb video in sony cx520?

bcz one dealer tells me that all new sony lcd play all format...

Not the ones retailing through the official channels AFAIK. The ones being sold in the grey channel do because they are Thai imports mostly.

As of today none of the tvs based on X-reality processor play mkv this applies to products sold everywhere in the world.

The 2011 models based on BE3 plays them as mentioned in the manual.

I can confirm it does not play mkv, however there is an easy workaround. The cx520 plays m2ts formats and there is a useful utility called tsmuxer - tsMuxeR 1.10.6 - VideoHelp.com Downloads which can convert mkv to m2ts quite quickly.

Basically mkv is a container format and this program takes the MKV file streams and unmuxes it, so there is no transcoding or quality loss and since its just unmuxing it doesn't take much time.

raul said:
I can confirm it does not play mkv, however there is an easy workaround. The cx520 plays m2ts formats and there is a useful utility called tsmuxer - tsMuxeR 1.10.6 - VideoHelp.com Downloads which can convert mkv to m2ts quite quickly.

Basically mkv is a container format and this program takes the MKV file streams and unmuxes it, so there is no transcoding or quality loss and since its just unmuxing it doesn't take much time.

I have same model, will try your tip, Was Quiet Pissed When it didnt play MKV files that i had

I agree there is no quality loss but there is heavy file size gain. Unless the cx520 can access files from a portable hdd, this method will not be very beneficial to the OP.

anfjavid said:
I agree there is no quality loss but there is heavy file size gain. Unless the cx520 can access files from a portable hdd, this method will not be very beneficial to the OP.

I Have A 16 GB Pen Drive So No Problems, Also I Wont Be Downloading Movies More Than 4-6 Gbs In Size, So No Problems Here. Again raul Thanks Buddy :)

indresh88 said:
do you guys notice flickerring while watching sports video as this is 50hz tv...

Flickering is only seen in crt or in plasma .Not lcds(unless the backlight unit is kaput or getting insufficient power).

i have checked different leds and lcd...they show flickering if it is 50hz..e.g. lg lv3730 show but lg le5500 does not show flickering....watch cricket and also check stock market line on cnbc or any news channel...

indresh88 said:
i have checked different leds and lcd...they show flickering if it is 50hz..e.g. lg lv3730 show but lg le5500 does not show flickering....watch cricket and also check stock market line on cnbc or any news channel...

Thats not flickering.If a tv has flickering it applies to the entire screen

What you see in those news channel ticker is stuttering ,a tv with a good image processing show them only in some instances for a brief period.
My 4 year old 32" sony which has a BE1 engine shows stuttering only for 1 or 2 seconds ,it quickly corrects itself.

I am getting sony 32cx520 for 25k...and another samsung 32d5000 for 33k......should i go with sony or samsung....is there any picture quality difference between these 2 tvs?

Back