Sony Ericsson W900 has 3D support

dipdude

Skilled
Source : Inquirer

Goforce 3D 4800 to blame

JUST recently Nvidia announced its two flagship phone design wins. We just wrote here that both phones finally became available. We saw them listed at various mobile operators and stores but now we can reveal some details about the phone multimedia and 3D chip that runs the device. The phone is powered with Goforce 3D 4800 chip that supports camera resolutions up to 3Mpix, OpenGL ES and some great video features such as Mpeg 4 encode and decode.

Sony Ericsson W900 is probably the first or among the first phones that can accelerate full scale 3D. Its at least fist tier one phone manufacturer to have 3D feature in its top range phone. It can accelerate Open GL ES content and all the games coded for this interface. The only problem is that there are no that many games that supports this feature but everyone hopes that 2006 is hey year for 3D content on the phones.

The Goforce 3D 4800 chip supports multi texturing, early Z, 3D marchitecture, 40 bit colour, VGA resolutions and most important programmable pixel Shaders. So as soon as content is there Nvidia and Sony Ericsson W900 will be ready. The Programmable Shaders makes us think that the chip supports OpenGL ES 2.0 as this is the programmable one but we are not sure about it.

All the gamers would be proud to know that their precious phone has Nvidia or ATI chip inside, as it makes it sounds even cooler.

yeah i posted that in the W900 thread. The GoForce enables vid record at highr reso with 30 FPS. Something wich even the n70 can't perform (records at 15 fps)

Really? but 3gp and Mp4 don't differ much in terms of quality. I downloaded some sample vid clips shot from it from mobie-reviews.com (w900 review section) and they looked the best quality from a mobile i've ever seen, the framerate was superb.

Back