Sony Ericsson W900i - Wow!

Params7

Skilled
What the price of this baby in India?? Should be arnd 27-30k i think (up for 570$ at myworldphone.com).With 470 internal memory, and cards upto 2gb available, purely music oriented with the new Nvidia GoForce chip! just take a look at the sample recorded videos here -

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-w900-en.shtml

Recording clips at that resolution with absolutely fantastic framerate and cutting edge performace in 3d games.

I wonder how it'll stand against the new N-Series....

Well, featurewise this phone is no doubt great but dont you think that it is just too big and that plain black isnt doing it any good in the looks front..(you can actually see the finger marks on the phone in the mobile-review.com pics..)The plastic quality could have been better or maybe the pics arent doing justice to the device..

Also the screen is too bright and you can see the difference in the colour quality with the older S700 and the Samsung D600... the colurs in the S700 are more saturated and look better and D600 simply rocks with its vibrant and rich colors..

Also that jack-knife mechanism is not ergonomic and i guess that long term use will have its wear n tear..

Though its a matter or personal choice but i think that the K750i & w800i are better solutions since the camera resolution is same and like the w900,they have expandable memory too.. :)

^^This one is a 3G model; you forget about that. So you can't put it in the same boat as the K750i/W800i series.

About the black colour - any glossy black object (including the iPod) will collect finger prints like crazy, so there's nothing you can't do about that. At the most go for the the white model being offered. But I do agree with you about the size; it is rather huge.

I think it's a killer phone. 240x320 resolution with 262K colours, 470MB internal memory, UTMS, just have a look at the specifications. I don't know about you but I'd pick it up if I could afford it.

Speaking that way, it really doesn't have much over the W800i, some diffrences-

Records clips at a higher resolution and is ready for next-gen mobile games with its Nvidia GoForce chip.
3g ready (although useless in India).
470mb internal memory with support of Ms Duo and Ms Duo Pro cards (upto 4gb available)
Big ass display with a higher reso than w800.
Killer looks, but cannot be handled ruff.
Stated to have the best 2mp camera as of now. It is slightly better than W800i. And W800i beat N90's camera in terms of quality.

but its too expensive, even though it isn't a smartphone. the price should definitely be lowered.

And by the way, its not being released in India.
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=111462

that sucks, so those who may get it in gray, will have warranty troubles i think. Hope they reconsider the decision.

D600 is a very good competitor to the W800i/K750i. D600 scores in its music department as well (though W800 is slightly better) has all those TV out (Which can be done in W800i as well with the help of a bluettoh accessory)
and a 2 mp camera, all of that packed in a nice little package.

Anyways, if W900 doesn't make it to the market, P990 better do! Another excellent phone to be released by SE.
W900 and P990 - the duo answer to Nokia's N-Series, i think SE wins.

Back