Sony Ericsson Warranty Query

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Hi!

i bought a SE k-790i on the 1st of october 2008. the phone was defective and after 8 months of usage which included 6 months of lying at the sony service center for repairs they were fed up of repairing my phone and gave me a new C-510 with papers but no box or accessories. Since last week my c-510 has been giving me problems. I flashed the firmware and that solved all the problems.

today my c-510 won't start at all.the battery is charged but it just won't start.i flashed the firmware again but still the phone doesn't charge.however when i connect my charger to charge the phone it charges the phone with the charging status indicator showing up on the screen.after the phone is completely charged it still doesn't charge.

Now

(1)Will Sony service the phone free of charge - since they gave me the phone(c-510) in june 2009 and the warranty would be till june 2010 or will the warranty be carried over from the k-790i's warranty?

(2)if sony charges me to repair the phone how much will they charge me?

I guess the actual 1 year warranty is carried over from the k-790i's warranty. That is how things are in most cases. But wait for others to confirm.

But why not take it to the service center and clarify with them?

my warranty has been carried over for the phone.i somehow managed to start it after keeping it in the fridge for 30 mins.

i am getting 4.5k for the phone should i sell it off and get some other phone?

does anyone here know someone working at sony ericsson who can help me out with my frequent restarts and the service center's unwillingness to accept my phone even after i told them that i have been given an extended warranty by people at sony when i got my replacement handset.

what do i do now?

Back