Sony Ericsson Xperia Play for £177 from UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
Following the discussion on this thread, this IC has been opened to confirm how many are GENUINELY interested in buying this phone from UK. If we get at least 10 people interested, this thread will be converted to a GO, and we will proceed with the formalities in the order.

Details of the deal below:
What: Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 8GB Black with Multimedia Pack [Case, 8GB SD card, The Gamer Pack, Multimedia Dock, Pocket Micro USB Cable and a Voucher Code For 3 Games]
From: www.clove.co.uk [http://www.clove.co.uk/sony-ericsson-xperia-play]
How much: £176.6 shipped to India [14577 @ today's conversion rate and with 3.5% forex markup charges]
Warranty: Valid in UK only
Claims: Warranty claims to be shipped back to Clove at buyer's expense
Customs: @ actuals [estimated - 2.3% of 20K - 460]
DHL handling fees: @ actuals [estimated - 30 + 10.3% - 33]
Total Indian landing cost: INR 15070

Domestic shipping: @ actuals through DTDC Plus wherever available [estimate 150]
Domestic shipping insurance: @ actuals on demand [2% of 16000 = 320]

This IC will be tracked for 14 days. If we don't see any progress, this will be closed after that.

Amount equal to the Indian landing cost (15070) has to be deposited in advance into my account. Once the phone lands in India, and received by me, on receipt of the remaining amount (domestic shipping + domestic insurance + my fees @ 800 ~ 1270) needs to be transferred and the phone will be dispatched immediately.

Disclaimer: I am only facilitating this deal. I am / have not communicated directly with the seller. All communication has been initiated and done by mpaspc, and he is the one to be contacted for details on what is included and what is not and any other specifics regarding the phone itself. Buyers need to be sure about what they are buying before confirming. No holds / deferred payments / COD. My role is restricted to ordering the phones from the stated website for the given amount, once I have received deposits from interested buyers, and then updating the status as and when I get them on the forum. I will also be the one who will receive the phones in India and dispatch / hand them to the respective buyers. I am not a reseller. For doing this stuff, I will be charging a fixed amount in addition to the actual price for the phone.

The list so far:

Pranav.Falcon -> 2 [requested here]
psycho911 -> 1 [requested here]
mpaspc -> 1 [requested here]
Sarath_ -> 1 [requested here]

mpaspc

Adept
Sep 3, 2011
New Delhi
there has been addition of 100 rs to the previous estimate ,due to currency fluctuations

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Following this are included

Phone Box packed , sealed (unless opened by customs)

8gb Card

The Experience pack

Dock

3 game voucher

Extra usb cable

and Scratch Guard

also it is with an 220V charger , so you dont need an additional step down converter as required for US models (U.k uses 220v )

there is warranty too , more information about warranty would be updated on Monday !

tufel

Adept
Feb 25, 2009
So the total cost comes down to 16.4k(including domestic shipping and agantuk's fees) right?

psycho911

Disciple
Sep 13, 2011
As stated previously...

I'm in

@mpaspc, i'd prefer to get the white model. Kindly confirm if that can be arranged.

And on the link provided, they haven't shown which case will be provided. update us with the same.

dhruvrock2000

ex-Mod
May 4, 2009
New Delhi
@All : Just to let you know , the phone isn't particularly great. The battery life is a downer and the screen is decidedly average. Think twice before spending the amount.

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
tufel said:
So the total cost comes down to 16.4k(including domestic shipping and agantuk's fees) right?
Yes, around that much, with may be a +/- 100 or so at the end of it all due to changing currency conversion rates.

psycho911 said:
As stated previously...
I'm in

@mpaspc, i'd prefer to get the white model. Kindly confirm if that can be arranged.
And on the link provided, they haven't shown which case will be provided. update us with the same.

I am not sure about the case, but from what I know, the seller said that the white cannot be guaranteed. The seller has said that he will have the black pieces for sure.

psycho911

Disciple
Sep 13, 2011
I know it's just a 1500 mAh battery, but older android version were battery hogs, GB and hopefully ICS wont be. Additionally, quite a few battery fixes are available on xda.

And no PSP controls on any other phone. touch screen games suck..

Sarath_

Adept
Oct 11, 2011
Bangalore
I wanted this but it was too expensive back then. I still cant believe the price. The Indian price of 20k odd was quite a shocker and this is even more so. At this price its misgivings can easily be overlooked. Plus an emulater if written for the "Play" will most likely make it the best gaming phone ever.

BTW when are you most likely to place the order?

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
The orders will be placed if we get 10 people for the IC. This IC ends in 2 weeks from now or if we get 10 interested people, whichever earlier.

psycho911

Disciple
Sep 13, 2011
Sarath_ said:
Are you saying the limit is 10 people?

I get the other details.

The minimum limit is 10 ppl. Since this is a group order, we need atleast 10 ppl to call it a group..!

@mpaspc, do ask the dealer if its possible for lesser people as well.(in case we dont get 10). And when we do place the order, shotgun on the white piece.

mpaspc

Adept
Sep 3, 2011
New Delhi
you may like the white one , but black and silver one is better , it even look better in your hands , i have used this phone its screen is like the one on samsung galaxy i9003 and people over at XDA have got the bravia engine working for it for the gallery and another app

@dhruvrock2000 , though it may not have a good battery backup , only a few droids have good battery life also under normal usage it still provides 1.5-2 days of backup which is enough for me .

I can play on it where ever i go , it is a good time pass in the train or on the trip overall in 16 k its next competitor is samsung focus for 13k ( with mango ) and galaxy S -15 k we dont get a hell lot of accessories like we are getting with this play nor the playstation controls !

and the best part it would be officially updated to android 4.0 and it is already on GB 2.3.4

tufel

Adept
Feb 25, 2009
It was available for 19k on Indiaplaza.com a couple of days ago.So I request everyone to first look at all the current deals available locally and then go ahead.No intentions of undermining this thread but 16.4k seems a little too much even with all the accessories.Also there is virtually no warranty.That is purely my point of view.Buyers please use their own discretion.

mpaspc

Adept
Sep 3, 2011
New Delhi
more than 5k less at 16.4k

nvm sony warranty by india is a joke , i earlier mentioned that , indian service centers took atleast 2 months and found one reason or another and then ask for more money , whereas you get a year or two warranty in U.K and get it back earlier , all it takes is shipping back to uk , i prefer this method since within 1200-1400 , if any time it requires service you can send it to them , and i guess you wont require that too you would spend a good amount of money on petrol and communication while going to the service center , for my c905 they made me travel atleast 8 times back and forth 30 kms

tufel

Adept
Feb 25, 2009
Sarath_ said:

1.I said 'it was' available for around 19k.I was implying that I only expect the price to go down further.Read carefully before misquoting.
2.The price on letsbuy is 20.5k after using the coupon.On resumption of the ICICI coupon it can be had for 20.3k.
3.I agree that Sony's after sales service is not the best but then again spending 1.4k for warranty is illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.