Audio Sony MDR-XD150 vs Sony MDR-XB450 vs Sennheiser HD 202 II

Ray

Disciple
The Sony MDR-XD150 costs less than the other two but has 40mm driver.Does it have better bass than the two?The xb450 has 30mm driver even though they are of higher range and the sennheiser has 20mm driver.

Sony MDR-XB450 vs Sennheiser HD 202 II?Which one has better sound for movies (wont listen to music with these) and which one has bass?

Any other good headphone in this price range?

Hi,
Since you'll be using the headphones for movies mostly, you'll require headphones that are comfortable and lightweight for extended listening sessions, something with a more balanced sound which will also block ambient noise. An over-ear headphone is your best bet. Therefore, I'd recommend the HD 202 II. It also has a 3m long cable that can easily connect to your computer/laptop.
As for bass, these headphones provide vivid crisp bass response.
The Sony XB450 has extra bass. However, they're on-ear headphones. So, the noise attenuation and comfort is lower. If you're specifically looking for Extra Bass, then these headphones are the way to go.
The XD150 is an older model that has been discontinued. So, we wouldn't recommend it
You can check out other options within that price range such as the Panasonic RP HT460 too!

Hope this helps!

Raghav Somani
Headphone Zone

Mod Edit: Please avoid advertising

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony MDR-XB450 Vs Sennheiser HD 202 II?
Hi EveryOne I have tested both of them my Opinion is Senheiser HD 202 II is much better than Sony MDR-XB450, in Sennheiser you will get the best clarity and treble, sony has extra bass but Senheiser has power bass, in sony you will not get the clarity due to extra bass. and in comfort also Senheiser fits very well than Sony. everyone is talking about the sony bass but trust me you will definietly like the Sennheiser bass as well as clarity and surround sound.
If you want Extra bass then go for Sony. and If you want Everything with bass then go for Sennheiser HD 202.
Even Sennheiser HD 203 is also same as Sennheiser HD 202 II because i have tested 203 also.
Hope you like my Review.

Back