Sony much awaited 31st mar suprise:

Yay! I'm glad I sold my PS2 just before the price cut!

Btw, that was pretty much expected, given that the PS2 sales are down to an all time low.

Well so much for a Sony purchase for next few months. Since the Arcade 360 consoles are hitting the scene pretty soon, I'll settle for that instead.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Well so much for a Sony purchase for next few months. Since the Arcade 360 consoles are hitting the scene pretty soon, I'll settle for that instead.

You still want to purchase an Arcade when the MRP announced is Rs 16990?

47Shailesh said:
^yaar I was expecting few $$ cut in PS3 or PS3 with 2 DS3/2 games.

Now as this is over, time to contact vj for PS3

Actually Target in US are selling an 80gb for 399$ with 2 ds3 and 2 free games. Unfortunately no such offers in India. Try KMD.

Best offer for 80gb here I found is 24k for 80gb with 1 free game.

Ethan_Hunt said:

Let me tell as someone who own's both consoles that You will seriously regret that decision. You have a moderately decent gaming PC. XBOX 360 is totally redundant for you. To boot, there have been no decent exclusives for the platform.

My XBOX 360 Elite has been lying idle for the last 7~8 months now. There was no exclusive game worth purchasing. On the other hand, I use my PS3 quite often. Even if the Arcade version of 360 costs a third that of a PS3, would still not be a worthy purchase.

dharmilstar said:
You still want to purchase an Arcade when the MRP announced is Rs 16990?
That's the plan atleast. Better than shelling out 23k for the PS3 right now & not to mention the uber costly Blu-Ray titles.

@Lord: I knew you would bounce onto that. Trust me, no one would like to have a Sony console right now more than me. But here's the deal, it's just too bloody expensive at this point (both the console & it's titles). I'll get it by next year may be. For now the Arcade will fall within my budget. Plan to mod it then game till it dies out. :p

47Shailesh said:
^I will avoid KMD in this case and will get it locally to have C region Blue Ray and local warranty, and IMO everyone should do that.

Ok agree on the warranty part but Region A is best for blu-ray movies.

Ethan_Hunt said:
That's the plan atleast. Better than shelling out 23k for the PS3 right now & not to mention the uber costly Blu-Ray titles.

@Lord: I knew you would bounce onto that. Trust me, no one would like to have a Sony console right now more than me. But here's the deal, it's just too bloody expensive at this point (both the console & it's titles). I'll get it by next year may be. For now the Arcade will fall within my budget. Plan to mod it then game till it dies out. :p

If you buy an arcade, im sure in future you are going to invest in a hard disk, xbox live subscription, wifi adapter (maybe). in the end, it turns out to be almost the same. Ofcourse modding is a totally different story.

If you are inclined towards xbox 360, check out GI, there are better offers for core and pro then the arcade.

Ethan_Hunt said:

what if the moded arcade dies ? is it repairable ?? PM me if required-just for the info

Depends on what will happen to it. It's pretty much possible to fix everything but the question is for how long will it work?

common rrod problems-also the the lense-does moding weaken the lense also if u play backup games-reading those low quality disk(arcade does nt have hdd - n assuming u will not buy a hdd).will it run for one year atleast with 2-3 hours of daily and -5-6 hours of weekly gameplay

u have a decent rig..why u need the xbox360 -which titles are u planning to play-since u r moding - i m sure u r nt interest in live services

Since you haven't punctuated anything, I assume those are all questions.

satyanjoy said:
common rrod problems-also the the lense-does moding weaken the lense also if u play backup games-reading those low quality disk(arcade does nt have hdd - n assuming u will not buy a hdd).will it run for one year atleast with 2-3 hours of daily and -5-6 hours of weekly gameplay
Modding doesn't have any effect on the Lens. It's just flashing the firmware. I plan to use only Verbatim Dual Layers & AFAIK Verbatim isn't a low quality media. Will it run for a year, 2 years, 3 years? No idea. It's an electronic device & can go bad at any point. With that amount of usage time you mentioned, it should be fine.

satyanjoy said:
u have a decent rig..why u need the xbox360 -which titles are u planning to play-since u r moding - i m sure u r nt interest in live services
I do have a decent rig but as you can see a lot of games aren't properly optimised for the PC these days. You can see it being plagued with a lot of issues. Delay for PC games & console exclusive titles are again a concern. Plus 16k for a console is not a bad deal at all.

The titles I plan to play:
Gears of War 2
Resident Evil 5
Army of Two
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Ninja Gaiden II
Ninja Blade
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Perfect Dark Zero
Bourne Conspiracy
Crackdown
50 Cents Blood on the Sand
Dead or Alive 4
Conan
Golden Axe: Beast Rider

These are all for now. And no I'm not concerned about Xbox Live. ;)

@Ethan_Hunt: yeah all the question;will punctuate next time :D

--

verbatim is good media-i also use it.

the titles that u have mentioned are all initially developed for xbox initially and later ported to pc(if pc version released) , is it right ?GTA 4 is not in ur list ?

I know you said the PS3 is expensive, but what about buying games second hand? You can easily get the games for 1.4k'ish. The console too you might be able to get for 18-20k.

Couple of games from the above list are multi-platform too.

I understand that mate. It's not like I'm ignoring the console completely. I'll eventually buy it, but not right now. Tell you what, let God of War III stomp it's way onto the PS3 & I'll make myself poorer by whatever price it holds then. ;)

@Satya: Some of them are purely console exclusive titles, while others may have a relative chance of crossing the platform. Either way the wait would be way too long. I have completed GTA IV on the PC last year itself.

i see no reason in buying a PS3 till i can mod it,

coz by bro currently owns one,

and its quite harsh buying games worth 2k or so . . . .

while the experience of a PS3 is ultimate ;)

Ps2 was best in its time, a perfectly modded Ps2, and all it took was my trip to the local market, or me downloading .iso's and then burning them on a DVD

which took me like a day ;)

Back