Camera Sony NEX 3 with 16mm

Wasp

Disciple
Hi Guys,

The Sony NEX 3 which is out of production now has dropped pricing down to 19.5K on ebay.in.

Am looking to buy it, but all offers are with the 18-55 kit lens, i am looking to buy it with the 16mm pancake to keep it portable.

Does anyone know where i can get NEX 3 with 16mm lens?

At amazon.com, nex 3 with 16mm sells for $399, while the 18-55 bundle is for about $470.

The NEX 3 with 16mm for under 20K will make a killer deal for someone looking for excellent low-light shooting, D-SLR quality IQ (with bokeh and stuff)

If there are any better options for under 20K, please suggest.

@adder, you are the sony expert, any idea on where i can get the NEX 3 with 16mm kit?

Is there a chance to get it in grey market?

Any help in this regard with be highly appreciated.

You can get it from the grey market.Not sure about the grey market prices, whether it can match the clearance sale price of Sony india which also has 2 to 3 years warranty.

The 16mm lens isn't that sharp,its a really wide lens so if you want to just shoot casual photos such as birthday parties,every day camera i suggest you to get the sharper 18-55lens.

You can search the grey market for the NEX-C3 which most probably has the best APS-C size sensor out there,its also quiter,faster,smaller yet appears to have a better grip.

Nex C3 was on my mind for quite a bit, but it is def gonna be more than 25K in grey market, infact more like 35K.

So, 19.5K vs 35K, the image quality diff won't be as much. The sensor in the NEX C3 has better dynamic range and ISO performance, but by 10-15% max i guess.

My budget is 20K.

Also i want the 16mm, specifically to keep the size in check the 18-55 adds a lot of bulk to the camera, also the 16mm will have slightly more advantage in low-light.

try olympus e-pl1 you can get in flipkart for around 19k and olympus has a major lineup for pen cameras and you can buy them from india too

Second that, but I would suggest the newer Olympus EPL3 or EPM1, both will be better than the original NEX and the EPM1 can be had for 24-25k I think. The new C3 NEX has a better sensor but the lens are not there yet. The pen cameras have excellent jpegs out of camera and some nice lens available for upgrade. For 20k the 16mm and camera will be difficult, the 16mm itself is 299 if I am not mistaken.

^^ Better in what way exactly ? If its features then yes its better. If you are referring to IQ then nope, the EPL3, EPM1 and all Olympus cameras use the outdated 12 MP sensor that first came out years ago. The 16 MP Panasonic sensor is the only m43 sensor that matches the older NEX3/NEX5 in IQ and has more megapixels to boot.

Back