Sony PlayStation 2 Approaches Its Dusk.

Namic

Adept
Sony PlayStation 2 Approaches Its Dusk.
Sony’s PS2 Domination Comes to End

by Anton Shilov

[ 10/24/2007 | 12:56 PM ]

Even though Sony PlayStation 2 game console has become the most successful game console ever with 120 million units sold, its era is coming to the end, as sales of the entertainment device have been declining in the recent months, some analysts believe. Considering weak adoption of the PlayStation 3, the waterfall of the PS2 sales may mean that Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. will find itself behind Nintendo and Microsoft.

taken from X-bit labs...here is the article:( :( :(

I don't know what the guy is talking about. PS2 sales still dominate all over Europe and Asia and software still sells in NA. Ps2 dominated the recent Australian software sales data as well. It'll be selling well for at least a year more. DBZ BT3 is currently the No.1 selling game in Japan (ahead of all Wii/DS games) and it hasn't even had its NA launch yet.

Yeah, the PS2 is still doing well what with next-gen still too costly for most people although the list of games seem to be dwindling.

I think most people are using this time to catch up with PS2 games they missed out on or didn't have the money/time for.

Umm, they are not making any good games for the ps2 anymore. So that for me equals it's death. I played Manhunt 2, which was mediocre in comparison to its hype, and after that there's been nothing.

So yes, it's good for people who are just starting to play games, and have 2-3 years worth of decent games to catch up on. But for people who are regular ps2 users, it's dead.

Well, as long as this topic keeps getting topped, there will at least be people still talking about the PS2. That's some consolation right there.

Back