Sony PlayStation 4 to launch in India on the 6th of January for Rs 39,990

Aman27deep

Skilled
playstation-4-console-logo.jpg

At an official event in New Delhi, it was revealed by Sony that the PlayStation 4 will be launched next year on the 6th of January for the price of Rs 39,990. One can pre-order the next-gen gaming console off most online and even some offline stores now.

The original PlayStation 3 was also launched at the same price in India, but over the years the price had come down to under Rs 20,000 at most places.

There are many games which will be available at launch for India. Below is the list -
  • Lego: Marvel Super Heroes - Rs. 2,499
  • Injustice Gods Among Us: Ultimate Edition - Rs. 2,499
  • Need for Speed: Rivals - Rs. 4,499
  • Battlefield 4 - Rs, 4,499
  • FIFA 14 - Rs. 4,499
  • Knack - Rs. 3,999
  • Killzone: Shadow Fall - Rs. 3,999
  • Just Dance 2014 - Rs. 2,999
  • NBA 2K14 - Rs. 2,999
  • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Rs. 3,499

The Sony PlayStation 4 is being run on an eight-core AMD Jaguar CPU which is also found on the Xbox One. Other features include an internal 500GB hard drive which can be swapped if need arises, 8GB of unified memory, a Blu Ray drive which was also there on the PS3 and the new DualShock 4 controller which also has touch-screen controls.

So with the official announcement, it is now certain that the PlayStation 4 will be the first next-gen console to launch in India. The Xbox One's launch still seems far away with the company not declaring anything thus far, and the Nintendo Wii U will probably never launch in India.

Source

Attachments

• playstation-4-console-logo.jpg
    playstation-4-console-logo.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 310
Makes sense to import rather than buying from here. My imported Xbox one with 2 games and a years XBL subscription costed me 44k. Remove the cost of games and subscription, the console worked out to 32k.

The PS4 were not available when i picked mine up from the US, but 400$ translates to 25k at the current exchange rate. So basically for a years warranty you will be paying 15k more :O

Even importing from Amazon.com is cheaper and comes to around 35k including a 30% duty and shipping. So for 40k you will be able to buy the console and a game of your choice.

Fail pricing by Sony and I am sure Microsoft will follow suit and price the Xbox One at 49,900 whenever they launch it here.

Pro Tip: These consoles use a lot of Bandwith. You have been warned. An average update for game rages from 1-6GB. So even if you buy your games from a store on a Bluray, be ready to increase your FUPs

Makes sense to import rather than buying from here. My imported Xbox one with 2 games and a years XBL subscription costed me 44k. Remove the cost of games and subscription, the console worked out to 32k.

The PS4 were not available when i picked mine up from the US, but 400$ translates to 25k at the current exchange rate. So basically for a years warranty you will be paying 15k more :O

Even importing from Amazon.com is cheaper and comes to around 35k including a 30% duty and shipping. So for 40k you will be able to buy the console and a game of your choice.

Fail pricing by Sony and I am sure Microsoft will follow suit and price the Xbox One at 49,900 whenever they launch it here.

Pro Tip: These consoles use a lot of Bandwith. You have been warned. An average update for game rages from 1-6GB. So even if you buy your games from a store on a Bluray, be ready to increase your FUPs

I would like to point out that for the PS3, Sony had something like a 50% discount on the cost of a new console if your console dies after the first year of warranty. 40% on the 3rd year and 30% on the 4th year. This was valid only for PS3s bought in India. I'm hoping Sony would announce something similar for the PS4 and if they do, for ~5k extra (compared to importing it from Amazon) that sounds like a good deal.

Obviously, if you have somebody coming down from America who can get one for you then that would be the best deal. I've heard it's cheaper in Bangkok and Singapore.

So anyone got ps4? Gamestheshop had nice midnight launch for ps4 yesterday night. I am waiting for some more titles to release. Till then price might also settle.

Parents reaction???

I was thinking of my own reaction if i see my bank balance dropped 40k for a video game.. Add 10k for 2 or 3 games also... :mad:... Eeekk...

Waiting for prices to drop... Or my salary to increase Or Rupee value to go up.. :( :( :(.. Poor I am.

Parents reaction???

I was thinking of my own reaction if i see my bank balance dropped 40k for a video game.. Add 10k for 2 or 3 games also... :mad:... Eeekk...

Waiting for prices to drop... Or my salary to increase Or Rupee value to go up.. :( :( :(.. Poor I am.
Couple of years back u took a God of war Collection :)

Back