Sony SBH20 Bluetooth Receiver - Paytm,Snapdeal,Amazon Experience

Did you had a similar experience of purchasing a grey market (no warranty item) from etailers?

• Yes Snapdeal

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Yes Paytm

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Yes Flipkart

• Yes Ebay

• Yes Other Etailer

• No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
I purchase this from paytm when the product arrived it had scratches on the glossy portion of the device . The device also had no sticker of Sony India import so i returned it . The return with Paytm was easy and they were cooperative. The Seller was Mumbai based Bluetech .

After the return i purchased it from Snapdeal avoiding the seller BTC2013 this time . The product again had the same problem but the seller again was Bluetech mentioned in the bill . I dont remember the snapdeal seller name and there is no way to know after the purchase. After emailing them the pics they sent me a replacement when i asked for a refund. They second package was returned unopened.

My third purchase was from Seller Saholic from Amazon . This time the product took 18days to arrive , thanks to Amazon they are using some weird logistics like Safexpress (B2B) and indiapost (c2g) . The product was brand new without microscratches on the glossy portion of the device and had a sony india import label

Are sellers on these reputed websites selling grey market items ? Anyone else has the same experience . I was also suspicious when purchasing a samsung microsd which had no sticker of a samsing india import.

My review was rejected from all sites

Attachments

• DSC00016.JPG
    DSC00016.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 1,897
Don't know about others but with snapdeal, eBay & shopclues I had similar experience.

Returned products asap. Paytm has similar reviews online.

Never with Amazon and Flipkart.
Need to be careful.

I voted all five. While Flipkart is the safest, they have been selling duplicate XBOX 360 controllers.
Sites like shopclues have always been favorite of grey market sellers. Unfortunately, Snapdeal is also going the same route, as is PayTm.
While ebay does have both grey market items & original items, most sellers do describe if the item is genuine or not. Even if not, the feedback ratings will give you a clue.
Amazon is choosing the shittiest couriers nowadays including Gati.

Paytm seller Bluetech or something sells SBH20 and I think they are imported pieces. I had bought 2 and none came with any sort of India import stickers and both boxes were slightly different. As In, on the side of the box, they write something in multiple languages, so on box even arabic language text was there while on another box, arabic wasn't there and some other language was there.
Probably imported from 2 different markets.

^yeah they also had some light scratches in the middle of the receiver

@pauldmps india post is reliable but its tough to reschedule delivery ,no tracking info and takes too much time if the package is coming from an etailer

My third purchase was from Seller Saholic from Amazon . This time the product took 18days to arrive , thanks to Amazon they are using some weird logistics like Safexpress (B2B) and indiapost (c2g) . The product was brand new without microscratches on the glossy portion of the device and had a sony india import label
My experience is the same as yours from amazon for this product. Not saholic someone else.

It has an import sticker but it arrived the next day as the seller was local. Nothing grey that i can tell about it.

Why would you care if it was anyway ? only time i worry about this is if its fake and chances of that are low in this case.

I have bought many grey market products but this is an accessory that can break , its unfair when you are selling grey market items without informing users . On ebay things like these are clearly mentioned . On snapdeal and paytm there is no way to ask the sellers[DOUBLEPOST=1424879789][/DOUBLEPOST]I have bought many grey market products but this is an accessory that can break , its unfair when you are selling grey market items without informing users . On ebay things like these are clearly mentioned . On snapdeal and paytm there is no way to ask the sellers

Guys who bought product with import stickers. How can you be sure they are not forged too(its just a sticker)? Also have you noticed that the BT MAC Address on BOX vs Inside BOX vs ON Product is different?!!

I bought for Paytm Bluetech seller then returned it ASAP and bought from Paytm "Genuine" seller. It has Import sticker but still,

Also try entering serial number on https://www.sony.co.in/registration#focus

It say Invalid.

I think I am better off buying from flipkart or amazon

Last edited:
Back