sony xperia s or samsung galaxy s2 ? what should i go for,share ur views

jaffa

Disciple
i have been a nokia user all my life n want to switch on to an android phone,
i have 2 mobiles on my mind
1) sony xperia s
2)samsung galaxy s2

any hands on user whos used both the phones or at least gotten their hands on both the phones could please provide me with some advice

regarding sony i have some doubt, my brothers got some walkman brand android 2.1 running phone i played with that many a times n found that the touch response of that phone is not upto the mark, so hows this sony xperia s touch response?

Thanking u guys in advance for ur suggestions n help,

i am not going to change this phone for atleast say another 2 years,
so plz guide my guys

the battery on sony xperia s is not replaceable one n i am a heavy user so will it survive 2 years of heavy usage?
can some one plz guide me into buying the best one in between those or any other suggestions

That's a low end Sony Ericsson W8 that has very poor specs and display. No such issues exist in the Sony Xperia S which is a flagship!
Do mention the usage pattern of the phone so that members can help you out better in choosing a phone in your budget.

^ Mod , Please edit his font size and unbold it .. my eyes ,... they bleed.. :unsure:

@OP -- I've used the SGS2 .. You will enjoy both phones equally .. With Sony you get a better Stock experience IMO.

web browsing is my priority , most of the time i browse the web in full swing using multiple tabs at a time,
want to post in forums n start threads etc..
apps usage also
cant decide on sony xperia s or samsung galaxy s2 or any other better alternatives?
was worried abt the non replaceable battery of sony xperia S because i am not going to get a new phone until 2 years..
so please do help me out.
budget max 30 to 32k not a rupee more.

galaxy note too big for me.......................................................

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

a big no for htc one s , its got only 16 gb non expandable memory,
even though sony xperia s also non expandable its got 32 gb internal memory, so it will be more than sufficient for all my needs i think...............................................
jus tell me what should i go for samsung galaxy s2 or sony xperia s
the hd screen with bravia engine n 12mp cam are pulling me towards sony xperia s or is the super amoled plus screen on s2 is better ,plz tell
also sammy is telling tht the blue sub pixels will eventually die out in 16 months ,is it true? n life of the super amoled plus screen is 16 months only?
any other phones which i should consider

n sorry all for using bold fonts n bad color combination( i am a newbie so excuse for this time, i will eventually learn on).

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

the non replaceable battery of sony xperia S is bugging me a lot though

As you say you would be having the phone for 2 years at some point you might want to try custom roms,in that case Galaxy s2 would be the better choice.Sony has the Locked bootloader and unlocking it officially voids your warranty. Did you consider the droid RAZAR.?

presently the model trading in indian market is not samsung i9100 but its 9100g , this mode is specifically for malaysia,china n india
so i dont think there will be custom roms available for this model as the 9100g uses a different processor n different gpu then the original i9100 s2 worldwide version.

thanks will look into razar..

anymore inputs guys...

the chipset used in samsung galaxy s2 i9100g is TI OMAP 4430 n gpu is PowerVR SGX540 where as the international version of samsung galaxy s2 uses Exynos 4210 chipset n gpu is Mali-400MP , so i guess custom roms support for now available sgs2 i9100g is out of question..

Moderator Waning: Post edited. Please refrain from using excessive '..........................................................' Its against the rules. A couple of them conveys that the sentence has ended

Browsing on the Xperia S is a joy!. Thanks to the 342 PPI, you can read text easily when zoomed out. No need to zoom in to read. Handles all kinds of web content like a champ. Flash videos, flash games, 1080p videos in browser, everything loads smoothly and scrolling is smooth too.

Reading documents/ebooks is also a great experience thanks to it having the highest pixel density on a smartphone currently.

Touch response is great too. No complaints there.

As to which screen is better, that's your personal opinion. Xperia S cannot match the deep infinite blacks of the GS2 screen, and GS2 can't match the sharpness and detail of the Xperia S screen. Colors are more natural on the Xperia S. Viewing angles are better in GS2.

So its HD 342 PPI vs Super Amoled infinite contrast

Personally I think the Xperia S screen is better Its also a lot brighter. Sunlight legibility is excellent even at 50% brightness

Also Xperia S is confirmed to get the Android Jellybean 5.0 update too, whereas I doubt GS2 will get Jellybean. Especially I9100G

take out the S2 from the equation. Either the Galaxy Note or Sony XS. The battery is not user-replaceable, but that doesn't mean it isn't replaceable at all, is it. If you have a set of tools & T1/T2 screwdrivers, which is easily available in any mobile parts wholesale shop/store. You can replace an iphone or XS battery with minimal risk.

thanks for the link n details bro.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

jaffa the custom roms for i9000G has started coming out(link) and i think the number will increase once more people get the device which is more likely as the price and going down.And now I9000G ships with ICS preloaded.
thanks for the link n details bro.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Browsing on the Xperia S is a joy!. Thanks to the 342 PPI, you can read text easily when zoomed out. No need to zoom in to read. Handles all kinds of web content like a champ. Flash videos, flash games, 1080p videos in browser, everything loads smoothly and scrolling is smooth too.

Reading documents/ebooks is also a great experience thanks to it having the highest pixel density on a smartphone currently.

Touch response is great too. No complaints there.

As to which screen is better, that's your personal opinion. Xperia S cannot match the deep infinite blacks of the GS2 screen, and GS2 can't match the sharpness and detail of the Xperia S screen. Colors are more natural on the Xperia S. Viewing angles are better in GS2.

So its HD 342 PPI vs Super Amoled infinite contrast

Personally I think the Xperia S screen is better Its also a lot brighter. Sunlight legibility is excellent even at 50% brightness

Also Xperia S is confirmed to get the Android Jellybean 5.0 update too, whereas I doubt GS2 will get Jellybean. Especially I9100G
thank u soo much for the details bro, ur indepth analysis cleared many of my doubts...
one last thing sony is known for worst battery life , so hows the battery faring in sony xperia s?

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

will xperia s really get jelly bean 5.0?

^
Yes a Sony employee confirmed today that Xperia S will get Android Jellybean update :) Battery Life is pretty decent (no better or worse than GS2), gets a day easily with moderate-heavy usage. With the ICS update even 2 days of moderate use will be possible. Also XS is getting Android 4.04 and not 4.03 with the new gallery and Walkman app from upcoming Xperia GX.

wow looks like a sweet deal though,
thank u so much for ur info n patient answers bro randomuser111
u just made my day better..

^
Yes a Sony employee confirmed today that Xperia S will get Android Jellybean update :) Battery Life is pretty decent (no better or worse than GS2), gets a day easily with moderate-heavy usage. With the ICS update even 2 days of moderate use will be possible. Also XS is getting Android 4.04 and not 4.03 with the new gallery and Walkman app from upcoming Xperia GX.

ragarding the screen guys , which of the two do u think is the best screen guys plz respond, viewing angles is not a problem bcoz i will only use it just infront of my face n not at some angle

Back