Sony Xperia SL or LG Optimus 4X HD?

Hey I want to choose out of these phones Sony Xperia SL or LG Optimus 4X HD. Please reply fast as offer ends soon. Thanks.
depends on what you want to do with your phone. For raw performance O4X>SXSL. Otherwise, SL has a better camera, better sound quality and arguably better. O4X has a slightly better screen and can handle anything you can throw at it..period..(though Xperia SL is no slouch either)

depends on what you want to do with your phone. For raw performance O4X>SXSL. Otherwise, SL has a better camera, better sound quality and arguably better. O4X has a slightly better screen and can handle anything you can throw at it..period..(though Xperia SL is no slouch either)

Actually I am developing apps for android and mostly i need to test them only. Also i love to play games but not too hardcore as for that i have my custom build PC with GTX680 GPU and i7. So what you suggest now?

don't go for 4x

Please tell few reasons so that it may help me decide better.

Thanks a lot!

Actually I am developing apps for android and mostly i need to test them only. Also i love to play games but not too hardcore as for that i have my custom build PC with GTX680 GPU and i7. So what you suggest now?

Please tell few reasons so that it may help me decide better.

Thanks a lot!

its lg...lg mobiles gets tagged with so many obvious dis advantages such as low resale price, no updates etc etc

also tegra 3 which gets heated up in some games (had one x)

Why don't you go for Nexus 4 if testing apps is your main concern, i am sure it has the greatest hardware to test the apps.
Development is next to nothing for the phones you have mentioned, always go with vanilla version for testing purposes as skins have its own issues and bugs which may not be neutral for your purpose.

Cheers !

Why don't you go for Nexus 4 if testing apps is your main concern, i am sure it has the greatest hardware to test the apps.
Development is next to nothing for the phones you have mentioned, always go with vanilla version for testing purposes as skins have its own issues and bugs which may not be neutral for your purpose.

Cheers !

Yep that's a very correct answer as only nexus offers pure android experience. But the problem is that it its way too costly and above my budget . And its from lg not samsung or asus like asus nexus 7. Btw is sony xperia sl good enough.
Thanks for your advice!

Lg really?

The only doubt in my mind about lg even after seeing so many good features in the phone like Nvidia tegra 3 and larger screen is that lg has very low popularity between customers and how its out able to sell a quad core phone with such large display at just 22k. Isn't it like micromax canvas hd for just 15k?

At what price are you getting these phones on this "offer"? I'm asking because the Nexus 4 costs nearly the same as LG 4X HD.

I am getting lg4xhd for 21k and xperia sl for 22k.
What I actually need in a phone is sturdy body build, great resolution and display plus good looking and great performer.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you really need a quad core processor in a small phone?Do apps really use so many cores? Are they optimized for it?

Like xperia sl has 1.7Ghz dual core and o4x has 1.5 quad core, so do they really differ amazingly in performance.
Please clarify if o4x is better than sl as sl looks quite good has best in class ppi of 342 and awesome sound quality plus build and camera. Plus Sony flagship compared to lg.

Do apps really use so many cores? Are they optimized for it?

Like xperia sl has 1.7Ghz dual core and o4x has 1.5 quad core, so do they really differ amazingly in performance.
Please clarify if o4x is better than sl as sl looks quite good has best in class ppi of 342 and awesome sound quality plus build and camera. Plus Sony flagship compared to lg.

No but in the Android environment, more = good as a rule of thumb.

They are pretty tied up in everyday tasks as far as that is concerned, although if you look at numbers as a metric for performance the LG phone will lead, mostly. Both phones are slated to get Jelly Bean through the official channel.

The smaller screen plus (thus higher ppi) and the camera are definitely the SONY XPERIA SL's greatest strengths while the dual-core processor and lack of expandable memory are its biggest handicaps. But the LG wins in pure hardware department at the cost of lower ppi and camera prowess. Also I noticed that the LG has the Tegra 3 processor(s) at its heart.
LG Optimus 4X HD P880 review: Firing on all fours - GSMArena.com

Sony Xperia SL review: The NXT one - GSMArena.com
And finally, we give you the LG Optimus 4X - a quad-core Tegra 3 device with a 4.7" True-HD IPS display of 720p resolution, which has LG's affordable mindset behind it. It will set you back slightly less, while giving you more in terms of hardware. It also adds a microSD card slot to the equation making the choice a practical no-brainer.

Thanks I would go with sl.
But last thing as you are quite experienced, I have seen lots of complaints about lg phones and about 4x hd too. Are they really pathetic in quality.
Thanks.

So as I dont play many game on phone and prefer my high end pc onlys but do play a lot of music and plus videos plus youtube and tons of browsing, which one do you suggest?

Keep in mind for watching HD videos :

Bigger the screen=Better the experience

4X HD with a bigger screen + IPS pannel has an upper hand over xperia

For playing a lot of music :

Xperia SL = No SD card slot

4X HD = 16GB + SD card slot is a clear winner

Tegra 3 devices also has a better gaming performance which means better value for money but at the cost of poor battery life.
In the end when compare the brand value Sony has an upper hand, LG devices s**k b@@ls here :p

One deciding factor was that I have a very high end gaming rig of almost 1 Lac Rupees, so for gaming its enough for me.
Then comes build quality mostly adviced Sony.
Then sound and music quality, Sony again.
Then 342 ppi, which no other company has ever reached.
Then 32 GB internal is far more than enough for me.
Then Sony Xpreria SL has Bravia engine for display, so definitely great display.
Then you can connect it to your HDTV (in my case my Full HD 3D LED TV from Samsung) via HDMI port which is built in Sony.

Then Sony has upperhand than LG

But one thing I want to know is if SL can candle multitasking with wase or not like browsing, texting, music playback, email, etc

For playing a lot of music :

Xperia SL = No SD card slot

4X HD = 16GB + SD card slot is a clear winner

Tegra 3 devices also has a better gaming performance which means better value for money but at the cost of poor battery life.

Even the sound quality on the LG is pretty much S#!+ so large space OR no large space it makes it pretty much redundant for the OP's musical requirements. Check the gsmarena review that I have linked earlier.

And OP is not interested in gaming making the Tegra 3 a battery hog, only.

But one thing I want to know is if SL can candle multitasking with wase or not like browsing, texting, music playback, email, etc

Yes it can do these tasks easily. Heck my XPERIA go can handle this stuff in parallel.

Back