Sony Xperia Sola for Rs. 13,999 off ebay.in

comp@ddict

Skilled
obviously it means no warranty..but People are selling 2 year old used 1ghz phones for 11-13k in the market..this makes 10 times more sense than those.

Looks Good deal to me...recently i purchased SE Xperia Arc S for 17k...the price was ~5k less than the retail shop price...the piece is brand new..also received the monsoon gift worth 1.5k..
Yes there is no mfg warranty as these are imported pieces....and if local shop can repair these pieces easily then y not give a shot...and how long we use the phone? :unsure:

it's as good as getting a phone from ebay.com, which lots of people on this forum are doing. imho if you are saving so much money, you can surely have a go at it.

I made my friend run to the Sony store and have a look at it. She came back and bought it immediately. She loved the Sola. I think Sony has really capitalized in this segment. NOTHING from Samsung or Nokia touches the phones Sony is churning out in this range.

IMHO, Phones don't go wrong much. This has ServePro warranty. SOMETHING will be done if the phone goes kaput within a year. Also, it's better than buying an AT&T or Bell phone from ebay.com and then crying because it can't be repaired locally. I'd say, go for it!

Thanks for this comp@ddict, even I was on the lookout for an Android / Windows Phone... phone in this price range. I zeroed in on the Sony Xperia Go [I am very clumsy when it comes to these things] and apart from the 0.2" smaller screen the rest of the specification chart reads same-same on the two phones. My query is will this ICICI coupon work on the Sony Xperia Go deals by the same dealer?

Regards,
ALPHA17

I bet 1320 mAh battery could prove to be the worst for a dual core ...? :(

On the contrary, the NovaThor chipset is known for it's power efficiency :p

Thanks for this comp@ddict, even I was on the lookout for an Android / Windows Phone... phone in this price range. I zeroed in on the Sony Xperia Go [I am very clumsy when it comes to these things] and apart from the 0.2" smaller screen the rest of the specification chart reads same-same on the two phones. My query is will this ICICI coupon work on the Sony Xperia Go deals by the same dealer?

Regards,
ALPHA17

Why are you settling for the Xperia GO? It's an HVGA display on an over priced handset!

Why are you settling for the Xperia GO? It's an HVGA display on an over priced handset!

Here are the reasons I find the go a better deal --
  • same processor, chipset etc etc as Sola, slightly more compact form-factor;
  • I am not going to watch any videos / films on this thing [even if it were a Galaxy Note], I have a decent 20" monitor on my RIG for this purpose;
  • need the phone for three reasons, calls, a few applications [fb / twitter apps will get junked ASAP] the average game that interests me and finally torrenting [with an extremely energy-efficient foot-print];
  • I earlier mentioned that I am clumsy with phones, I do not smash them on purpose but very often they just reach an untenable situation where I lost the grip, pushed it off the bed corner.

Actually the HVGA screen has a slight advantage, sharing the same GPU as the Sola go delivers slightly better performance thanks to lower number of pixels on screen.

So back to the main question, you have listed coupons will they work for the Sony Xeria go deals as well?

Here are the reasons I find the go a better deal --
  • same processor, chipset etc etc as Sola, slightly more compact form-factor;
  • I am not going to watch any videos / films on this thing [even if it were a Galaxy Note], I have a decent 20" monitor on my RIG for this purpose;
  • need the phone for three reasons, calls, a few applications [fb / twitter apps will get junked ASAP] the average game that interests me and finally torrenting [with an extremely energy-efficient foot-print];
  • I earlier mentioned that I am clumsy with phones, I do not smash them on purpose but very often they just reach an untenable situation where I lost the grip, pushed it off the bed corner.

Actually the HVGA screen has a slight advantage, sharing the same GPU as the Sola go delivers slightly better performance thanks to lower number of pixels on screen.

So back to the main question, you have listed coupons will they work for the Sony Xeria go deals as well?

Okay I agree with you on those.

Yep these coupons work till you use an ICICI card.

Back