Sony Xperia Tipo Goes On Pre-Order , Priced At Rs 9,499

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
Sony's budget Xperia smartphone Tipo is priced at Rs 9500 in India , it has been listed on Flipkart and available for pre-order.

sonyxperiatipo.jpg

The Xperia Tipo has some impressive specifications for a budget smartphone . It will run Android 4.0 ICS , other specifications include -

• 3.2-inch (480 x 320 pixels) TFT capacitive touch screen display
  • Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
  • 800 MHz Cortex A5 processor With Adreno 200 GPU
  • 13 mm thick and weighs 99.4 g
  • 3.2 megapixel camera auto focus camera
  • 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
  • 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi b/g/n, DLNA, GPS / aGPS
  • 512MB RAM, 2.9 GB internal memory (up to 2.5 GB user-accessible memory), up to 32 GB expandable memory with microSD
  • 1500 mAh battery

The phone will be available from 2nd week of September , according to Flipkart listing.

He has a better deal on the Sony Xperia Go. Just a ~1000/- quid increment and you get a vastly superior phone.

what amuses me is , these sellers just fix some random prices for all the listings. I am sure they get all these " parallel import" phones at throw away prices.

check out this guy's listings. shabbeerhf1 | eBay His prices keep fluctuating like the stock market.. He's made a fortune though .

he's sold around 500 pieces of xperia ray, 500 of neo v .Those are his sales no's for all his phones

Any guesses as to how much would be buying them at bulk for?

what amuses me is , these sellers just fix some random prices for all the listings. I am sure they get all these " parallel import" phones at throw away prices.

Any guesses as to how much would be buying them at bulk for?

Yeah these prices are tempting me to pull the trigger and get them, I really wish I could. Need a new phone as soon as sanely possible; old ones battery circuitry is gone for a toss.

But for now this mouse needs to be RMA-ed.

Margins must be huge else they would not be doing so and the customers are leaving a positive remark / rating.

I am no expert on Android's, in-fact all my knowledge comes from a friend and browsing through the mobile section on the forum.

What do you want out of a phone will be a better question along with your budget for the same. If you can go for a dual-core phone (what have we come too) it will be better as the scalability and life cycle of the product will be longer (as Android 4.1 Jelly Bean prefers multi-core architecture).

The Sony Xperia U, Sola and Go and perfect choices in this price band.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

I did not even answer your main concern, at ~8500/- and thereabouts these phones are a steal because they look good (much better than SAMSUNG Galaxy series) and have pretty decent hardware under the hood as well. So you can go for these if curtailed by budget.

Back