Sony Xperia Z Specs and Features

You know how this phone is water proof and all. That's because every jack is covered with a flap. Need to use a jack, you have to open its flap. A lot of flaps on this phone. Want to recharge, open the flap again, each time you do a recharge. All this unflapping will take some getting used to i'd imagine.

Here's a review, gets quite hot when playing certain games that too after only 15 minutes.

Camera is good

You know how this phone is water proof and all. That's because every jack is covered with a flap. Need to use a jack, you have to open its flap. A lot of flaps on this phone. Want to recharge, open the flap again, each time you do a recharge. All this unflapping will take some getting used to i'd imagine.

Here's a review, gets quite hot when playing certain games that too after only 15 minutes.

Heat is an inherent issue with all cortex a15 or derived designs - there are no two ways around it.

As for removing the flaps, you can buy the charging dock for the phone and you don't need to remove any flaps. See those two metal bits on the side? Those can be used for charging with the dock.

Played with the phone for around 20 minutes.

1 - The camera is pretty good. Very fast as well. On par with the iPhone i would say.
2 - The phone's body feels really premium, There's no question about that.
3 - Sadly, what should have been the best feature of the phone, is the worst. The screen is really bad. Blacks are kinda Grey, and the brightness of the screen is kinda low. But the ppi is very impressive.
4 - Terrible fingerprint magnet.
5 - Front and back, both will be scratched very soon is used without a screen guard.

Not worth for the 38k price tag, IMO.

Wasn't this supposed to scratch proof or something ? And having all features to beat any cellphone in the world ?
Or we were chasing a unicorn all along ?

Heat is an inherent issue with all cortex a15 or derived designs - there are no two ways around it.

As for removing the flaps, you can buy the charging dock for the phone and you don't need to remove any flaps. See those two metal bits on the side? Those can be used for charging with the dock.
Z has Krait processor.It is not A15 based.Krait was an improvement over A9 in the way that it was based on 28nm process as compared to 32 nm for A9

My understanding is only if you stressed to the max with some games, otherwise i'd imagine in general use its going to be ok ?

Acceptable then with the charging dock.

The camera takes good pictures indoors that is the bit that counts. In daylight even a 3MP shooter can do a good job. But others come out soft & grainy. So sony got a good camera but did it have to be a 13MP shooter.

Played with the phone for around 20 minutes.

1 - The camera is pretty good. Very fast as well. On par with the iPhone i would say.
2 - The phone's body feels really premium, There's no question about that.
3 - Sadly, what should have been the best feature of the phone, is the worst. The screen is really bad. Blacks are kinda Grey, and the brightness of the screen is kinda low. But the ppi is very impressive.
4 - Terrible fingerprint magnet.
5 - Front and back, both will be scratched very soon is used without a screen guard.

Not worth for the 38k price tag, IMO.

A good color calibration apps can fix this issue i suppose. I found Screen Adjuster apps on google play store, haven't tried it personally cause i don't own an Android phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmanslab.sa&hl=en

Sony screen calibration app is available on XDA, just install that.

Anyways the bad screen is only on demo units. Actual retail phones have excellent screen :)

I've seen it myself. You can also check xda z forum india thread. There also its mentioned :)

More importantly I have internal confirmation about this matter

Well I held it for a few minutes and just didn't like the feel of it...which totally sucks because it looked like a very nice device that ticked most boxes.

Well I held it for a few minutes and just didn't like the feel of it...which totally sucks because it looked like a very nice device that ticked most boxes.

Do you have small hands? Cause me and a few of my friends who have the phone seem to be facing no issues at all.

Xperia Z is at 36k on flipkart with 5% discount and case + headphones.
Good deal? Or can you get it cheaper in retail stores?

Back