Sony's new flagship - The Xperia Z1 to hit India on the 18th of September

Aman27deep

Skilled

Sony Xperia Z1 - The flagship and the successor to the Xperia Z which was also known as the Honami before is now scheduled to launch in India on the 18th of September. The date was confirmed by fonearena after they received a press invite to the launch of the phone in New Delhi.

Sony recent history of releasing their top phones in India has been pretty good and they had also released the Xperia Z Ultra two months ago in July for Rs. 46,990.

The Xperia Z1 has some impressive specifications backing itself. First thing you'll lay your eyes on will obviously be the 5 inch full HD (1920*1080 Triluminos LCD display which Sony has improved with the addition of 'OptiContrast' and the 'X-Reality Engine'. It runs on the Snapdragon 800 processor (same found on the Note 3) and is running 2 GBs of RAM. 16 GB of internal storage with an option of expanding it with a 64 GB MicroSD is also there.

One of the most impressive feature about the Xperia Z1 is the 20.7 Mega Pixel camera which the phone has which is the highest a phone from a big company has every seen. There is also an obvious 2 Mega Pixel front camera as well. All the usual connectivity features are ever present and the phone will be powered by a 3000 mAh battery. Three colours will be available for the phone (same as the original Xperia Z) in Purple, Black and White.

Price hasn't been revealed as of now but it's expected to hover around the Rs. 45,000 mark.

Well - I for one like the design. The internals have been changed for good to be on par with the current beasts.

Last edited:
its nothing compared to the rest. see other companies,
nokia lumia, samsung galaxy series, apple iphone and even the htc/ same design...
cant design new, my ass.

Will be available for sale from 18th.

Official MRP Rs.42990

Freebies -

5000mAh portable battery charger
Accidental Damage Insurance
Premium Case

20 Megapixel camera, we sure want to blow our pictures and make posters out of them.
Why the rhetoric? If they can preserve or improve image quality whilst increasing resolution, what's wrong with it? Printing large posters isn't the only purpose of higher resolution. You always seem to have something bad to say about almost any Android phone, albeit in a veiled manner.

Why the rhetoric? If they can preserve or improve image quality whilst increasing resolution, what's wrong with it? Printing large posters isn't the only purpose of higher resolution. You always seem to have something bad to say about almost any Android phone, albeit in a veiled manner.

I would say the same if it was non android device. The size of each pic of 20 Mpx would be pretty high imo.

I would say the same if it was non android device. The size of each pic of 20 Mpx would be pretty high imo.

have you ever enter in camera option where you can choose between MP sizes...?...I know you are hardcore intelligent apple fan but that's the lame comment my dear friend...

Every single camera has the option to downsize images in-camera. What is wrong with having an option? Would it be priced Rs. 2k lesser if it had an 8 megapixel sensor?

At one Side we expect companies to better the sensor size and quality for better quality pics while all the companies are doing mega pixel Race because that is what the end user understands, bigger Mpx means better camera is what everyone thinks.
And HTC one touts some ultrapixel but only 4 Mpx and they get lambasted.
So I dont really expect them to come with better quality camera but more mega pixel will always be there.

At one Side we expect companies to better the sensor size and quality for better quality pics while all the companies are doing mega pixel Race because that is what the end user understands, bigger Mpx means better camera is what everyone thinks.
So I dont really expect them to come with better quality camera but more mega pixel will always be there.

It has the option to click 8MP pics and the sensor on this thing(what really matters) is better than any other phone out there except the Pureview from Nokia.

It has the option to click 8MP pics and the sensor on this thing(what really matters) is better than any other phone out there except the Pureview from Nokia.

he is having hard time understanding that simple logic...look here for more detail...http://recombu.com/mobile/news/ultimate-smartphone-camera-comparison_M19527.html[DOUBLEPOST=1379346763][/DOUBLEPOST]and also look here for more comparison...

http://blog.gsmarena.com/a-shootout...8-pureview-shows-great-promise-from-the-sony/

Btw I read somewhere there will be a new song flagship every 6 months (not comparing to any other android or non android product here), I think someone on TE only mentioned.
Is this true ?

See this

The Z1 has the same sensor size as the 1020.[DOUBLEPOST=1379348072][/DOUBLEPOST]
Btw I read somewhere there will be a new song flagship every 6 months (not comparing to any other android or non android product here), I think someone on TE only mentioned.
Is this true ?
Read that on comments on some blog, apparently docomo wants sony to do it.

While the 'more megapixels = better image quality' statement is not true, its reverse isn't true either. Lesser megapixels don't necessarily mean better image quality. With the advancement in sensor technology over the years, a sensor with area X can now hold more pixels without losing on absolute resolution. This is why entry level DSLRs now have 16-18 megapixel sensors and they smoke my aged 1000D's 10 MP sensor.

Anyway, long story short. Your feeble attempts at trying to discredit anything by any company that does not bear a logo of the forbidden fruit clearly shows your disguised and misplaced opinions. It would be better if you did your own research instead of spouting random misconceptions on every Android related thread.

Back