Audio Sound card+ Audiophile (kind of) Headphone suggestion

luckyishere

Disciple
Hello pple,

Right now i am using a Creative X-fi titanium Sound card with my Roccat Kave Headphones which i use most of the time for movies/games and very little music. I am not too satisfied with the sound of the X-fi as Roccat's sounded pretty much the same with the onboard audio too. So i am planning to sell my sound card and look for a better option, which is an allrounder. It should work exceptionally good with movies and games and should also work well with songs.

As of now i intend to use it with my roccat Kave's but later on will buy a good quality headphones for Music too. Please suggest ( budget for headphone is arnd 6K) and budget for Sound card is arnd 9K

^ Errr the Titanium can't be limiting the Kaves performance .If you feel the Kave is same on onboard and X-fi , you wont even like it with a high end card. For ~9k you can get Asus Xonar Essence ST.One of the best audiophile grade sound cards you can get .For headphones around 6k , there is Audio Technica AD700/ M50 depending on the design you prefer and how much bass you want.

what is the diff b/w Xonar Essence ST/ STX and D2X? Also as far as headphones are concerned i mostly listen to Rap/R&b/Hip hop etc so i need the ones which can play lower frequencies well.

^^^
Faheem's right. the xifi cant be limiting the performance. Anyways, if ur selling the xi-fi, sell it to me :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

considering ur music genre and ur budget, ath-50 is the way to go...

OP,

If you can wait, ASUS released one more card named Xense which comes with Sennheiser PC 350 headphone & the audio card combo.
Has similar specs as of essence series & should be in your budget or slightly more.

Back