Audio Sound Card Confusion

xerocool

Disciple
guys need to buy a sound card for z5500

1.Auzentech Forte Xfi is out of stock..so got these two in mind
a.ASUS Xonar Essence STX
b.Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 Cinema Audio Card
c.Any other card in the same budget (8-9k)

main purpose is Gaming<Music<Movies

Why not use the inbuilt DAC of the Z5500 ?

coaxial and optical are supported by z5500. i have been using the z5500 the same way its great !!

strategy said:
Why not use the inbuilt DAC of the Z5500 ?

coaxial and optical are supported by z5500. i have been using the z5500 the same way its great !!
Second that, what exactly are you trying to achieve with a sound card? I mean if you are planning "better" speakers in the future then invest in a card. The Z5500 does not need/deserve it.

sarang said:
Second that, what exactly are you trying to achieve with a sound card? I mean if you are planning "better" speakers in the future then invest in a card. The Z5500 does not need/deserve it.
you may be right but can Z5500 DAC give you positional audio in games?
I used onboard sound with Z5500 and now uisng X-fi titanium ; can say there is a significant change in all departments including gaming experience.
For details motherboard is in my sig.

sarang said:
Please clarify, are z5500 not "better" speakers? why does it not need a card?
coz I am planning to buy one.

Z5500 is a good Speaker set ...but for its price ! its not worth more than 20K !!

yeah it does not require a sound card , if you give a digital SPDIF signal (coax or optical ) cause it has a inbuilt DAC/AMP for the purpose ! :)

Sorry to bump this thread.

I am using SPIDF from my on board mobo. G31M S2l.I am planning to get Xonar DX for my Z 5500.Does it make any difference in sound quality. Main usage is Music and movies. Very rare gaming.

id have to agree, with the Z5500, onboard spdif is more than enough. But if you are still hell bent on a sound card, get the Asus xonar St and not the stx.

thenvk said:
Sorry to bump this thread.

I am using SPIDF from my on board mobo. G31M S2l.I am planning to get Xonar DX for my Z 5500.Does it make any difference in sound quality. Main usage is Music and movies. Very rare gaming.
No it wont as you will be doing S/PDIF out to the speakers. In this way the Z5500 will be doing the decoding & not the sound card.

Hence your Sound card purchase will be a waste.

Now it is up to you to decide.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

GuruGulabKhatri said:
Sorry to hijack the thread but any good sound card under Rs 2K? its only for music and a 2:1 Setup
I have posted 3 links above. Please check.

You will have to purchase the Sound card from dinodirect.com as those card are not available here.

Buy an Asus essence st,it is a audiophile card with 124dB SNR...will blow ur ears away with its clean music...z5500 on board DAC is not at all comparable when compared to this sound card DAC...i owned this combo...and believe it the best set up for your budget...however if u can upgrade ur speaker setup in future then u still dont have to worry as this sound card can still hook up to other systems too...

do whatever dont get Xonar D2x... great card but its power slot is loads of crap

it takes a FDD power pin and that socket design is worst i have ever seen. would get loose even if cabinet is mildly moved etc.

Back