Audio Sound card for Edifier C6 .

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
Guys, after a long search for a PC HT setup, finally bought Edifier C6 :D .
The sound Quality is good, but , playing a track from IPod/Mobile Galaxys2/ Wave, the Audio Quality was better than the onboard sound ( ASUS P8Z68 ) :( [ That how it sounded to me ] :ashamed:
i guess a decent Sound card would do justice for the speakers , my closest option would be ASUS XONAR DX, but the lack of DTS support makes me hold back.
can this card play DTS file, from an 3rd party filter, like ffdshow ? DO i have any similar card to chose from with DTS support ?

Budget : 5k .6k max.

Req/ Usage : Music , Gaming .

Thanks.

First of all Congrats for the speakers edifier C6 is a nice choice :)

For dts support I think Xonar Hdav cards have it not sure if D2X has it or not but availability is an issue :(

If you are looking for plain sound quality without bells and whistles then I would say you get Xonar DX since it suits your budget best

First of all Congrats for the speakers edifier C6 is a nice choice :)

For dts support I think Xonar Hdav cards have it not sure if D2X has it or not but availability is an issue :(

If you are looking for plain sound quality without bells and whistles then I would say you get Xonar DX since it suits your budget best

Yup Xonar DX seems nice, but it dosen't support DTS, if this is the case, then what happens if i play an MKV embedded with a DTS audio ?

Well in that case you can SoftDecode these codecs using ffdshow in WMP Classic :)

You can easily configure the settings using different codecs available for soundoptins ..I have used it in past and found it pretty much useful

Back